8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a couple of cars running different colored HID's between the low beam and fog lights. I always wondered if this was the way to go. I do know that 3000k for fog lights are the best for visibility, but I'm aiming for looks.

For 7 months now, I got 6000k HIDs on for both headlights and fog lights. I'm now thinking of making my fog lights to 3000k. Good idea? Anybody got pictures?

·
Registered
12,582 Posts
6000k HIds on fogs and headlights is rice.
6000K on headlights and 3000k on fogs is rice.
Projectors on headlights is rice.
I have projectors with yellow fogs. Do you want me to take a picture? I have 4300K on the headlights and 3000K on fogs.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
6000k HIds on fogs and headlights is rice.
6000K on headlights and 3000k on fogs is rice.
Projectors on headlights is rice.
I have projectors with yellow fogs. Do you want me to take a picture? I have 4300K on the headlights and 3000K on fogs.
okay, take the picture. i wanna see the 3000k fogs. although, i think i'll definitely stay with 6000k headlights.

6000k on both lights aren't rice.. most of the euro luxuries have 6000k on right?

·
Registered
12,582 Posts
okay, take the picture. i wanna see the 3000k fogs. although, i think i'll definitely stay with 6000k headlights.

6000k on both lights aren't rice.. most of the euro luxuries have 6000k on right?
Euro's have 4300K but the headlight design makes them shift color.
Most fogs are 4300K but you don't see that shift in color. Now, I don't have HID fogs, only 3000K halogen bulbs.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Euro's have 4300K but the headlight design makes them shift color.
Most fogs are 4300K but you don't see that shift in color. Now, I don't have HID fogs, only 3000K halogen bulbs.
ohhh. i've got HIDs on both, and i always wondered if going 3000k HID on the fogs woulda been the better choice.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have 6000K low beams and 2500K fog on my car. It looks ok (better than stock).
do you got pictures? i see cars out there with bright white low beams and their fogs are like strong yellow that mixes in with the white on the road.. it looks kinda cool.

·
Binks
18,140 Posts
It does look cool. I don't have pics at the moment and I don't think I can take any in a couple days cuz the weather here is horrible.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay i took a few but they were ehhh let's just say my photography skills are not great at all
thanks for the pics! it does put some hint as to what it would look like.. i'm actually looking for the color it produces on the road, because from what i've seen around, it has that mixed color of white and yellow

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
4300K projector low w/amber ring, 3000K yellow lens projector fog.

Rice? I don't think so, but that's fine if you think it is.... this is my car. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts