8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Scary...

What exactly happen? Once he came near those cones he spun out of control.
Here's the story:

3rd November 2007 - MLR 30 - 130 Day RAF Marham

My first and almost final appearance at one of the premier MLR events of the year - the 30 -130 sprint at RAF Marham in Norfolk. The formats very easy, drive upto a box, accelerate within the box from 30 mph and time via GPS data logging how long it takes to reach 130mph! For the record my best time was 9.96 seconds on pump fuel, the cars weight @ kg slowing me down somewhat! Once you hit 130mph you can then keep going for top speed on the 1.5 mile long runway - this is where it got particularly interesting! Having already done one run @ 182mph (192mph indicated on speedo) i thought it would be a good idea to remove the biggest drag factor on the car - the rear wing! Well, it would be rude not to, especially as it was *really* bending up at the higher speeds with the air pressure. Not such a good idea; i hoped it would give me another 10mph, instead it gave me 1 mph and zero down force and zero stability once i came off the gas!

YIKES! :eek:hnoes:

The owners site: http://www.lancermods.co.uk/

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
damn...I would have shat my pants. I was waiting for it to roll once it hit the grass, he's pretty lucky.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
i was waiting for him to flip the car too. i would love to have an evo 9. im very jealous.

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
crazyness

1 - 20 of 36 Posts