8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What parts would be needed to make a 2006 Si have 500whp (on track) with a Greddy kit and TiC exhaust?

It will be a DD using about 250-300whp daily.. and 500whp when wanted (not too often)

·
Registered
500 Posts
The greddy turbo is only supposed to be able to make around 320 whp, so unless you upgrade your turbo your not going to be able to make those number. Plus that exhaust won't compliment a turbo very well, especially if you want to push those kind of numbers, you'll want a bigger exhaust like ajp's 3" catback.

If you want 500 hp you'll almost have to go with ajp's turbo, which i wouldn't recommend,

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how much larger of a snail would not be "too much" i just want something that is quick but runs well when on low boost as well. Is the ajp exhaust a fart cannon? i wanted to get the ajp kit. living in s. fla, im still not too sure about going with them with the customer service.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Seeing that you are 18 and don't know too much about the turbo applications available, I would definately stick with the bolt on kit. You do realize that there aren't a great deal of turbo k series in the 500 whp range. I think the ~250 range is more than enough for you to handle. Why do you need to have two "trims", with one being almost double the power of the first?

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
well for example...the ajp kit..which has much better components than the greddy kit could ony get to 500whp...with a custom tune and ALOT of testing....i doubt you will get your greddy kit to 500 whp without replacing most of the kit with better components.

you will not be able to have 2 seperate tunes until some sort of custom tuning is available...

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
garyward said:
What parts would be needed to make a 2006 Si have 500whp (on track) with a Greddy kit and TiC exhaust?

It will be a DD using about 250-300whp daily.. and 500whp when wanted (not too often)
You need to keep things realistic. You probably know nothing about motors, turbochargers and how it all works, or you wouldn't be asking if greddy could hit 500 whp. You have to realize that even guys who know their **** and invest tons of cash into k-series' rarely dip into 500+ whp, so I don't think you will either.

That being said, pick one or the other. Without running dangerously high boost, a turbo that is meant to hit 250 whp will not hit 500 whp AND have a quick spool time. Basically you'll need a large 'snail' to hit 500 whp, and that turbo is going to take a bit to spool up and really hit.

Not only that, but 500 whp is WAY too much for you to even think you could handle. Even with 250 whp, an 18 year old like you (and me) would be a menace.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Just installed the Greddy turbo kit on my 07 Si and currently at 234whp and should hit around 250whp in the next month. The greddy kit tops out around 330-350 i wouldn't go that high unless you get titanium rods and low compression pistons that will allow you to hit 16+psi. Then go with an alcohol injection kit or 50 shot of nitro for the extra gain in HP. Then you talkin some serious suspension work to hook those wheels to the ground. Very satified with the turbo kit and thinking of the titanium components and alchol injection next summer.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would like to have 250 -300 DD and a little more for the track. I have drove 1 srt4 which is not even comparable to the Si. i think the srt4 is a piece.. anything with more hp at lower psi would be better in my opinion.. i do know how turbos work but i dont know how to tell what will put out what or everything that is needed to create a kit. I have done MUCH reading up on kits and finding a median between 2 size snails to compliment between too large and too small. I guess i just have to wait until there is better tuning available.

·
Registered
500 Posts
300 whp in a dd is alot in a front wheel drive car, i'm not saying it's to much, but i really doubt you will ever need more than that. I'd go with comptech's upcoming stage II and not worry about anything else. You could probably get around 300 whp with some other mods, in a s/c it would be plenty of power, for all occasions.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
with a s/c does it eliminate I/h ?.. i had a list of N/A stuff i wanted, but i would eventually want some type of boost.. i already found out that turbo eliminates I/H..

Injen MR CAI
Buddy Club headers :)
Greddy TiC?
Hondata or equivalent depending on application (greddy emanage..)
and some internals Cams, Springs/retainers.. and of course something to help control the power... Stage III clutch

·
Registered
500 Posts
No with a s/c you keep i/h/e.

I'm not trying to tell you what to do, but you might want to do a little more research before you take the plunge.

Greddy is a good company, but their kit isn't that well refined right now. Comptech is a very well known company with a very good s/c available right now, it only produces about 225 whp, but with mods you will see 250. The comptech kits provides very good low end and is completely bolt on. Their stage II is supposed to be available for preorder by the 25th and will get you about 250-260whp, maybe around 300 with a good header and exhaust.

Redshift is under production of a twin-screw s/c that will range from 250-300 wheel horse and provides very good low end, but has never been tried on a civic, but they seem to be doing well.

Jackson is under development of a centrifugal s/c, don't know much about it but that jackson is a good company.

Like i said if i were you i would get the comptech kit, it is a good kit that has proven itself. It is plenty of power and is bolt on.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well ive seen dynos and stuff on the comptech. the redshift is taking FOREVER.. how they went from 450hp to 300 is kinda odd that they advertised that before.. and its also quite pricey. I just think that the comptech is not enough bang for the buck like the greddy or "ajp :( " thanks for all your help. it only made things more confusing for me because everybody has their own opinion and of course you only stirred my mind more. i like to have a list of EVERYTHING i want that way its more like a GOAL. Achieving the goal only makes it better. thanks again everybody, ur all my inspiration for my car :-D

·
Registered
500 Posts
No problem, and one thing is redshift went from bhp to whp, which is gonna play some role, and they still have a stage IV that is supposed to make like 400whp.

Plus i've seen people getting the comptech kit for like 3600 which is only like 800 more than greddy and around the same power, plus with a turbo you have to have a tune, which is like 500, and good to have boost gauges which is like 300.

I'm waiting out for redshift, unless it takes to long and i just go comptech.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
how much is jackson suppose to put out and whats price range on that one? ive thought about comtech i saw dyno and its a straight line which is awesome.. i just dont wanna regret my decision, ive been trying to make up my mind for like a year (ive had my car for 1 yr 2 months lol)

·
Registered
142 Posts
garyward said:
I would like to have 250 -300 DD and a little more for the track. I have drove 1 srt4 which is not even comparable to the Si. i think the srt4 is a piece.. anything with more hp at lower psi would be better in my opinion.. i do know how turbos work but i dont know how to tell what will put out what or everything that is needed to create a kit. I have done MUCH reading up on kits and finding a median between 2 size snails to compliment between too large and too small. I guess i just have to wait until there is better tuning available.
reading is much different from building, testing, and driving. that much horsepower is too much. If you want two different settings you are going to need something that can switch maps in your ecu first of all. And the only place you would need a 500hp fwd honda is on a drag strip, and if you arent racing it every day there is no point in getting it. Get a greddy bolt on kit if you want, and make sure you get everything you need with a turbo kit.. that kit does not come with everything to make it run WELL, (im going to get mixed opinions on this) and it will make 250 to the wheels which is plenty for the car.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
does the kit have a sufficient manifold and piping? i dont want something that runs ..okay i want it to run CORRECTLY and the engine to last. scratch the 500hp range. im fine with 350 at peak but run at 250ish.. i guess im just not sure how much power puts what times. id like to run about 12 secs flat when boosting high which is pretty quick in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Remember these are high compression cars and from what I have gathered over the few months before adding my turbo kit are turbo like low compression to spin earlier to create both HP and torque. I plan to upgrade to titanium rods and low compression pistons that should allow me to push beyond the 7.5/8.0 psi. I'm hoping to push the stock turbo to 17+ and run alchol in the furture to hit the 300whp+ mark.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
07CivicMD said:
Remember these are high compression cars and from what I have gathered over the few months before adding my turbo kit are turbo like low compression to spin earlier to create both HP and torque. I plan to upgrade to titanium rods and low compression pistons that should allow me to push beyond the 7.5/8.0 psi. I'm hoping to push the stock turbo to 17+ and run alchol in the furture to hit the 300whp+ mark.

and how would this run as a DD? or would it just be ur track car?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Dude, to hit 300+ whp you don't need titanium rods, or anywhere near 17 psi. There is no reason to ever put that much money in your front wheel drive car unless your making a dyno queen or a show car.

For the greddy kit you NEED a tune, down pipe, larger exhaust, and boost guage to get 250whp, and run smoothly. Many people are having problems running rich or lean with it.

The guy talking about the titanium pistons and alcohol injections is aiming higher than his wallet or experience will get him, no offense man but there is no reason for all of that. with are cars right now where your not going to be able to run 250 whp one day and 350 whp the next, the greddy e-manage isn't good enough to cope for the change, and a tune for something like that would cost a ton, and probably still wouldn't be anything special. Plus greddy's turbo can't get 350 whp, and even if you do, it would be hard on the snail.

I promise, you won't ever end up switching boost levels anyways, you'll probably end up running the higher level all the time. A s/c you can't really change boost but their are going to be better options available for our cars. I don't know anything about the jackson s/c other than it uses a rotrex centrifugal s/c, he doesn't have any info on his page.

Get 250 whp and be happy, it will be enough to beat mustang gt's, 350z's, g35's, speed3's, and maybe keep up with evo's from a roll at least.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts