8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i had a deal with a friend and now shes buying me a crap load of parts with a $5000 budget. i want the highest HP gain i can get. you guys think i could get around 300-350 hp out of this? ive got s2 70mm and injen cai, looking to get s2 lowering springs, rear camber, and shocks. whats the best setup i can get for BRAND NEW parts for 5K?

·
Super Moderator
11,559 Posts
get the go power crate k24 bottom end for $3,600 thats your best bet if you want to stay NA and then flashpro to tune it

edit: that is if you have a si

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im wanting to keep the K20, i just want to do engine work such as cams, valves, dont really want to mess with boring or changing the block. looking more towards cams, valves, flashpro, suspension, etc

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Super Moderator
11,559 Posts
turbo is way more then $5000

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i get that, but my wishlist included, S2 parts: pro s intake mani, 70mm throttle body, shocks, lowering springs, cams, rear camber kit, tbs, timing belt tensioner, etc. etc. etc.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i honestly dont want to be changing any engine blocks out. REALLY dont want to mess with that. so, if anybody has any suggestions bolt-on wise, id appreciate it.

·
Banned
3,392 Posts
If you dont want to swap out the block, you're not going to be making much power with that amount of money. You have the perfect opportunity to have a built bottom end with that money.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well, i was looking and the k24 has some badass torque, but the hp is way low. is the bottom end just changing the torque? cuz i really dont feel like having 150-160hp. yea, theres a 235hp, but thats gonna run out the ass along with getting it installed.

·
Super Moderator
11,559 Posts
yes the bottom end of the k24 will give you way more tq and that paired with the k20 head is AMAZING go power is making 275 hp i believe NA

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
question, how much would it run to have it installed and tuned with flashpro? where can i get this done and purchased?

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
Just do the swap yourself & save a boatload of cash. K24A4's can be had for about $600 all day.

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
As far as I know it doesn but there is some custom work that needs to be done like installing a K20A2 oilpump. You don't have to have an engine lift to do a swap. The motor can be dropped out the bottom still bolted to the subframe.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts