8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Let me begin by saying this is technically my first time at the track and i am completely dissapointed because i didnt run 14.2's!:readtherules:
i feel that my 60' was good and my trap was decent but my E.T. didnt represent the launch and speed.
Mods:Vibrant Header w/ HFC
VIbrant Catback
Injen CAI
NST Pullies
Injected Mounts
Flashpro, E-Tune
Helix TBS, P2R IMG
TWM Shifter cable, base bushings and short shift adapter
Falken Azenis @ 23psi wrapped around 02-04 rsx type s rims.
MPH1-77.21
1000-12.289
1320-14.624
MPH2-97.19

I ran 6 times and was around here the whole day......what am i doing wronggg??????:cornmad:

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Were you power shifting?

Power shifting is huge on these cars. Adding a few powershifts can easily get you into the 13's, but it could come at a price.

Aim for 2.1's in the 60' as well.

Azenis are not the tire of choice for dragging. A street/autox tire like the azenis has a stiff sidewall for cornering efficieny which is the complete opposite of what you want in a drag tire.

You will want a softer sidewall if anything to help you stick under hard launches.

I wouldnt be disappointed, a 14.2 is a great time for a 1st timer.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Were you power shifting?

Power shifting is huge on these cars. Adding a few powershifts can easily get you into the 13's, but it could come at a price.

Aim for 2.1's in the 60' as well.

Azenis are not the tire of choice for dragging. A street/autox tire like the azenis has a stiff sidewall for cornering efficieny which is the complete opposite of what you want in a drag tire.

You will want a softer sidewall if anything to help you stick under hard launches.

I wouldnt be disappointed, a 14.2 is a great time for a 1st timer.
bro my bad i messed up on the e.t. it was a 14.6 :facepalm:
but i am not power shifting......i think it might be 1st to 2nd gear is slow because i baby it so it doesnt grind...but other than that i bang every other gear hard

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
temperature, altitude, track conditions have alot to do with your times as well. i guarantee that if you go back to the track on a 50 degree day you will see much better times. you did very well for your first time and you shouldnt be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
temperature, altitude, track conditions have alot to do with your times as well. i guarantee that if you go back to the track on a 50 degree day you will see much better times. you did very well for your first time and you shouldnt be disappointed.
Thanks man I appreciate that especially comming from a guy running 13.9's....before I go again I'm investing in innovative mounts + some drag radial...cause I really want lowww 14's with this setup
If anyone has anytimes slips with a simmilar setup to mine post it so I can see where I'm lacking

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yo thanks guys I understand I shouldn't be dissapointed but when guys with 1 of the mods I have injen cai are getting 14.6s I must be doing something wrong ya know

·
Registered
222 Posts
Not to highjack, but what is it about our cars that causes the infamous 2nd gear grind? I'm don't drag my sedan but that 1-2 shift going into the first element on the autocross course can be nasty!

I wouldn't be surprised if it were attributed to the rev-sustaining drive by wire system.

-Matt

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Thanks man I appreciate that especially comming from a guy running 13.9's....before I go again I'm investing in innovative mounts + some drag radial...cause I really want lowww 14's with this setup
If anyone has anytimes slips with a simmilar setup to mine post it so I can see where I'm lacking
my friend kris has a similar set up to you and he's running high 13's. the only major difference is that has drag radials. i'll see what info i can get out of em.

and yeah dont be disappointed. my first time at the track i ran 15.2 with header and exhaust. good job lol.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Azenis=BAD for drag. Sidewall is so stiff, it's a cornering tire. I have the same problem with my Z1 star specs. Anything under 65 degrees and they dont grip at all. The only thing saving you on that tire is the really soft compound which will do OKAY at the track when it's real warm.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
i feel ya dude. my first time running at the track i ran 8 times and ran almost the exact same time and trapped 97 as well. I have s2 header/70mm exhaust, aem cai, tbs and cobb stage 2 basemap. it was very frustrating i never did better than a 2.3 60 ft. even powershifted 2-3 and 3-4 :( Next time im out there im hoping to bring the 60 ft down a bit, n i'll have flashpro.

Im sure we can bring the times down though! but like civic tech said we gotta factor in temperature, altitude, and track conditions.

·
Banned
74 Posts
i had the same setup as you except i had a c/t shorty header and r/t hfc and sri. i ran a 14.5 on stock tires w/2.2 60'. my tune was a custom dyno tune. you need to get rid of that cat. get a cat delete header. you will see more power. dont beat yourself up. thats a decent time. have you ever looked inside a cat before. when i took mine off it looks like a deck of cards jammed in there. no room for airflow.

also think about humidity, track prep, and elevation. those play a huge role

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i had the same setup as you except i had a c/t shorty header and r/t hfc and sri. i ran a 14.5 on stock tires w/2.2 60'. my tune was a custom dyno tune. you need to get rid of that cat. get a cat delete header. you will see more power. dont beat yourself up. thats a decent time. have you ever looked inside a cat before. when i took mine off it looks like a deck of cards jammed in there. no room for airflow.

also think about humidity, track prep, and elevation. those play a huge role
I will prolley do the same cause I have had this header for a while so I woundnt be surprised it was clogged

1 - 20 of 20 Posts