8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's right everybody! I'm so shocked that it happened. Today, I turned the 400th mile on the same tank of gas and, according to the gauge, I can go about another 40 miles! I can't believe it!
This isn't being towed or pushed. I started off full saturday morning. I drove up 83 to 81 and then up to exit 211. I thought we were going to be late so I had the cruise control set at 80. Once off the exit, we just drove the speed limit.:vtec:
I did run up to redline at least once when coming down an onramp... it was either that or stop and wait for the trucks.
On the way back, I set cruise at 77 and just cruised. I didn't use the A/C. I have nearly bald tires set at 44psi but otherwise the car is a stock 09 Civic Si sedan. I did switch to no-ethanol gas about 3 or 4 tanks ago. I use Mobil 1 full synthetic.
Thoughts?

Maybe this is the wrong category for this post... my bad

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
350 when light indicator was up. damn another 50 miles is like going to la and coming home and still have couple miles left, lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
I can get about 400 to 420 pure highway though. Cruise control at at 77 or 75. 06 si in town forget it I love the sound of my engine at redline.

·
Registered
18,666 Posts
i got 380 once all freeway with the A/C on driving at 70 mph

a good tune really does help with gas mileage

tires at 32-25 psi

Mobile 1 full sync oil.

Arco gas FTW

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
highway driving from NY to SC, I95 all the way down in 6th gear, 330 was the most i got. NYC city driving, 1st and 2nd all day everyday, 230 is the most

1 - 20 of 93 Posts