8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good news...the dealership had my car for the past 3 days. They said that they could not duplicate the problem so they called honda of america to ask them what to do.They changed my MTF to honda synthetic and told me that it should help for about a month. And they said they new what the problem was and are currently working on a fix. They told me that in mid december honda would be sending out a news bulletin telling all the dealerships to change out the 1st and 3rd gear synchronizer in the SI's with a third gear problem. After the fluid change it shifts like butter. Now i only hope that they actually send out the bulletin and change what needs to be changed.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
ta7golf said:
Good news...the dealership had my car for the past 3 days. They said that they could not duplicate the problem so they called honda of america to ask them what to do.They changed my MTF to honda synthetic and told me that it should help for about a month. And they said they new what the problem was and are currently working on a fix. They told me that in mid december honda would be sending out a news bulletin telling all the dealerships to change out the 1st and 3rd gear synchronizer in the SI's with a third gear problem. After the fluid change it shifts like butter. Now i only hope that they actually send out the bulletin and change what needs to be changed.
Hmmmm, we will see.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
when i stopped by to check on it yesterday they told me that the 3rd gear problem was new to them and couldnt duplicate it. So this morning two of my friends (also with si's) met me at the dealership. That is when they started calling around to try and find a fix.We all got new trans fluid under warranty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts