8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

201 - 207 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2010 si and just last night it popped out if third gear. WTF I thought this was an old issue. Guess I better get it checked out. Any suggestions? I did have the all the fluids changed in the summer. At Orangeville Honda, guess I should find a new dealer

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
100 Posts
2008 CSX Type-S, got my 3rd gear replaced under warranty through TSB at Acura North Toronto, very good service, no hassle. Really good guys there. :)

·
Registered
298 Posts
I got my 3rd gear pop fix done but I wasn't as lucky as others.

First I took it at the dealer in Markham. To avoid further confusion this dealership has since traded places with Downtown Acura.
It took them at least 10 days to get it done.
The explanations I got for taking so long were at points outrageous, like one of my bearings was blue and so on.Meantime I was stuck with an entry level Hyundai pos.
When I got the car back the problem was still there, but every time I took it back they could not replicate the problem, even though it was exactly as before.
The engine bay was messy, a lot of moly grease all over.

About a year later I took it to Acura Of North Toronto. The repair was done faster and the 3rd gear pop got fixed. Unfortunately, other things showed up.
The transmission is noisier. There is a whining noise in second gear.
There was also a rattle. They could not find where it was coming from even after multiple tries.
Also, after starting the car, when I put it in gear, the car moves slightly forward, even if the clutch is fully pressed.
Also getting it in reverse is tricky and going in reverse is noisy.
None of these things happened before.

The dealership didn't want to solve any of these problems.
For the rattle they removed the mid shaft shield. That is a known fix for the RSX but didn't do anything for me. The shield was not returned to me.
Later, I found the arm that was supposed to hold the radiator hose loose and hitting against the frame. I put it in place myself.

When it was time to change the air filter I found that the air box tube was not properly attached and came lose in my hand.
Many wires were left hanging even if it would take one only a minute to attach them to the clips.
Then I noticed how beat-up and mismatched many of the bolts are. I bet I have some vintage bolts on my car now.
I do not have full confidence that my transmission will last as intended.

Unfortunately I have completely lost trust with the service provided by the dealerships.

I wish to all Si/Type S owners out there better luck than I had.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Went to Honda dealership in Milton (where I bought my car from)

After a few test drives with the manager, the gear popped out and since she witnessed it, they replaced it.

Good luck

201 - 207 of 207 Posts