8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mods, hopefully you can sticky this for us!

This thread is meant to serve as testimonied research on which dealers are competent enough to acknowledge the issue and help. You are HIGHLY ENCOURAGED to boycott any dealers who do not assist. Support your fellow Si owners and do not bring your business to them whatsoever. They have been told!

Please add to the testimonies based upon your experiences...

Canadian TSB: 111-4-08 (released June 6, 2008)
"Transmission grinds when shifting into 3rd gear, pops out of 3rd gear, or is hard to shift into 3rd gear"
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/attachments/ontario/13173d1212855586-3rd-gear-friendly-dealers-gta-greater-toronto-area-3rdgear.pdf

Log a Case/Incident regarding the 3rd Gear
Honda Canada: 1-888-946-6329

UNFRIENDLY DEALERS - BOYCOTT/DO NOT go to these dealers!!!
Mississauga Honda (Glen Erin & Dundas)
(a) FastTimesAtFGHigh: Sean McCrae (Assistant Service Manager) claims there is NO NEW Honda MTF, "can't replicate issue". Rude customer service.
(b) Kelly J: Sean McCrae (Assistant Service Manager) claims there is no problem, "can't replicate issue". Rude customer service.
(c) nelsonr31: Sean McCrae (Assistant Service Manager) claims there is no problem. "can't replicate issue". Rude customer service.

FRIENDLY DEALERS:
Classic Honda (Brampton)
(a) Xenin: Replaced with new MTF
Ready Honda (Dundas/Hensall)
(a) portabuddy: Replaced synchros but [email protected]#$ up his tranny more. Sorry Bart!
Image Honda (Hamilton)
(a) DumbasSi: Dealer is willing to replace with new MTF or 3rd party brand. No hassles about "voiding warranty".
Ideal Honda (401/Dixie)
(a) FastTimesAtFGHigh: Aware of issue. Will help out when TSB gets released June 1st.

CONFIRMED DEALERS WHO HAVE DONE THE TSB:
Ideal Honda (401/Dixie)
(a) FastTimesAtFGHigh: TSB completed 2008-07-09.
Ready Honda
(a) portabuddy: TSB completed 2008-08-05.
(b) slvrSi: TSB completed ? Forced to sign waiver
Family Honda (Brampton)
(a) Xenin: TSB completed 2008-09-24.

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
Kudos to you guys still trying to force this out of your dealership. Unfortunately, I'm a bit reluctant to argue with dealerships unless there's an official fix out. I'm sure 90% of the customers who walk through their doors talk out of their ass, but they should at least acknowledge a small group with a bit of a push. Too bad it doesn't work that way and everyone just gets aggrevated even more. I'm just waiting for the US to release their TSB or call and post it on a local tuner board with techs working at Honda as they always get everything first... even though it was built here!

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Friendly
Image Honda in Hamilton. I've never had a complaint about the tranny's in either one of my Si's, but Image is very willing to change the MTF or oil to whatever brand you bring to them without giving you the whole "it will void your warranty" BS.

Dean, the Service Tech who has been working on my Honda's for 5 or 6 year's now has told me that he has heard a few complaints about the Si tranny, but the dealer's here in my area have only sold a few Si's anyway, so the % of problematic one's may be lower.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
You know what the funny thing is, Sean McCrae at Mississauga Honda has a 2007 TW Si coupe and even he has explained to me that his coupe's third gear is a little notcey. I wonder what he's gonna say if his third gear goes.

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
i'd just like to state that when i had the MTF changed, i paid out of my pocket. they couldnt replicate the problem, duh, but they were aware of the problem with another Si that was there. i didnt mind, it was only like $60. for a month it was great then after that, not so much.

when i went last week they couldnt road test it due to the weather but the service guy there named Brendan was fully aware of the 3rd gear problems as other Si owners have complained about it. he even checked to see if there were any recalls or TSBs about it yet.

i told about him the news reports on it and that there is "supposedly" a fix coming. if you ever go to Classic, find him, he'll help.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He's not going to say anything. Just like how he never said anything to Kelly J when there was an ECU flash available. He brings shame to Si owners.

You know what the funny thing is, Sean McCrae at Mississauga Honda has a 2007 TW Si coupe and even he has explained to me that his coupe's third gear is a little notcey. I wonder what he's gonna say if his third gear goes.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
He's not going to say anything. Just like how he never said anything to Kelly J when there was an ECU flash available. He brings shame to Si owners.
Yeah, I got my updated ECU reflash at Mississauga Honda. I had to do my research with honda Canada before I went there and it still was like pulling teeth to get it done. Bye Bye Mississauga Honda :wave:

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Here is a question for all of you: is the 3rd gear problem strictly an Si statement or can this happen on the other trims? What about the ECU reflash that people are talking about? Is that something I should be concerned about or not? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Newmarket Honda told me to push the clutch down all the way, and that they can't replicate the problem and have never heard of it.

·
Premium Member
13,468 Posts
went back for my service yesterday, and not only did they not deny it but the guy taking in my car admitted to getting some complaints about the third gear, but not many, and he suggested i look on the net for more info on a fix, also that there is a news cast too!!! hes got a 08 that lucky for him doesn't have the problem but sympathises...

the cool thing is that no one is turning a blind eye to the problem here... EVERY ONE TO READY HONDA!!!

·
Premium Member
13,468 Posts
yea... picked up my car after doing the axle seal and in the nore at the end i wrote "P.S. If you guys arnt too bussy please fix my 4th and 3rd gears" just as a joke since i was dropping it off after hours and picking it up when i woke up...

well apparantly they took it seriously and test drove it several times... and didnt find a thing. DAMM... well i have the new TSB printed out and im going to spread the word...

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just wrote a nasty letter to Mississauga Honda telling them to terminate my customer account in their database due to their lack of customer service and acknowledgment of this problem.

What's the new TSB?

·
Registered
167 Posts
hm.
I'm really curious about what words Sean McCrae(Ideal Honda)will say..
as new TSB thing came out.
I'd better try.. maybe??

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
That TSB technically has zero credibility here in Canada. Who wants to try their luck and see if dealerships will acknowledge it? I posted on local tuner boards to see if there were any service advisors or technicians that can look into it for me.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
The guy that does all my service work at my local Honda dealer and has always looked up stuff for me when I ask him. I'll be going in for an oil change this week and I'll take a copy of the US TSB to show him and I'll see what he can dig up for me.

1 - 20 of 207 Posts