Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
3rd gear issuse

did u guys have any problem with the 3rd gear issuse? if so what did u guys do. it never happen to me but im just curious

·
Registered
184 Posts
it wont go in or grinds sometimes...you need to go in an change your tranny fluid at the dealership...or you can do it yourself...but they should cover it, im just too lazy right now...

·
Registered
472 Posts
I've got an 07 FA5 w/ < 4k miles. I've noticed that 3rd gear is harder to get into that some of the other gates. A few times I thought I was all the way in and started to release the clutch and heard the dog teeth grinding.

I haven't ever had the car "pop out" of gear though.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I had problems, I would just hold the clutch in 'til it went in....I did take it to the dealer yesterday for the recall I told them about third gear and they changed the mt fluid and it runs smoothly now, so far no problems with third gear!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I took my FA5 to Lujack in Davenport IA and they replaced the entire 3rd gear set for me as well as put in the new synthetic trans fluid that Honda has put out. It really has made all the difference in the world. After all that I just installed the TWM short shifter with base and cable bushings and now she finally feels like I think she should.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Another 3rd gear thread ...

If you search around here you'll find a lot of 3rd gear issues and fixes ( some temporary ones )

Good luck !!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.