8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I just recently removed my OEM spoiler and replaced with a CTR wing. :dance:

But a problem spawned after. The 3rd brake light issue. Just 2 days ago, I actually solved this problem by asking my local body shop to remove the brake light from the OEM spoiler and place it inside the car, just behind the sub woofer. It actually works great! Very minimal glare, and it's efficient.

The problem is this. When my headlights are turned OFF (daytime light only), it works just as expected. But, when my headlights are turned ON (obviously at night), it stops working whenever I step on my brakes. I just recently found out when I drove home today.

I'm obviously going to go back to my shop on Monday, but is there a fix that I can resolve myself? Anybody know how the wiring works and why this is happening?

And sorry if I posted on the wrong thread. Anyhow, HELP PLEASE!!!

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
check the wires to make sure they aren't being smashed by the subwoofer location, i had my 3rd brake light randomly cut out on me and turns out the wire to the light was completely destroyed from being pinched under the plastic around the sub.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts