8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard about this 3M tape protection.

I have chips on my front end. As anyone would expect with daily driving car. Some of these chips already have rust. As soon as I find a way to remove these rust then I will use a touch up paint to smooth them out.

Does it make sense to apply 3M tape to a 2006 model??? I'm assuming you would get it done when the car is brand new. I have never seen a car with this 3M tape. But the idea sounds good. Where do I go for installation? Which shop?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Parts source/crappy tire probably has it. The only con about the front-end invisible mask thing is that it protects the part it's covering from UV rays also and when you take it off, the paint under the mask will be better than the rest of your hood and you'll be able to see the difference in the paint very clearly.
Discovered this when I was helping my friend detail his 3-series lol.

·
Registered
10,265 Posts
the users here normally tape their cars for road trips, due to longer periods on the road and changes in terrain. they try to save their paint as much as possible. i havent heard of anyone doing this for daily driving....if you want your paint saved, id say buy a bra.

the following is r3v's car taped up with her domokun accents. :giggle:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Parts source/crappy tire probably has it. The only con about the front-end invisible mask thing is that it protects the part it's covering from UV rays also and when you take it off, the paint under the mask will be better than the rest of your hood and you'll be able to see the difference in the paint very clearly.
Discovered this when I was helping my friend detail his 3-series lol.
Good info. I have a silver coupe. I don't think it fades that much. But I could be wrong. Who did the install?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the users here normally tape their cars for road trips, due to longer periods on the road and changes in terrain. they try to save their paint as much as possible. i havent heard of anyone doing this for daily driving....if you want your paint saved, id say buy a bra.

the following is r3v's car taped up with her domokun accents. :giggle:
It's a crime to do that to any civic. LOL

I don't wear bra's. LOL

·
Registered
27 Posts
Good info. I have a silver coupe. I don't think it fades that much. But I could be wrong. Who did the install?
my friend got his car like that, if you're in the GTA, check out Audio Heaven, I know they do it, maybe not specifically with 3M but I know they do install some sort of stone-chip film. I'm not sure, but Selective Sound is equivalent to Audio Heaven I think.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts