8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It might be a good idea to get one of those clear bra's on your civic before you roll it out of the showroom. They cost about $150. It will protect your hood, mirrors, and bumper from minor dents and things from highway driving.

·
Registered
46 Posts
where can we get those? from the dealer?

·
Registered
6 Posts
the dealer would probably rip you off. just go to local tinting shops and they might do it. if not, i'm sure they can refer you to a place that does it. just make sure it is the 3m clear bra.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sounds like an awesome thing to protect the car, will it peel? get washed off when I wash the car? will waxing the car hurt it?

·
STIG: a tamed race driver
1,630 Posts
mplscivic said:
I dont think it will peel off. I know car washes wont harm it. I am not sure about waxing.

waxing should do anything, jsut don't use those cleaner waxes on it. But really, you have no reason to wax it, it's not a painted surface, so no wax should even be used. The best maintance for it to simply spray and wipe it down with a dry, clean, soft cloth.

As friend of mone found the hard way, DO NOT use windex or anything of the like on it. I personally am going to put it on my '06 civic, but I'll just do it my self, heck paying someone else to put a sticker on my car.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jrfish007 said:
It's very similar to the vinyl used for those stickers you see on cars. I have it on my hauling truck.

Do you think this is worth getting? Have you had any problems with it?

I've only seen it on the front end of a brand new toyota that has never really been driven and it looks like it would be a good idea to get.

·
STIG: a tamed race driver
1,630 Posts
Yeah, worked well for me. LIke I said, I just spray it off in a car wash and that's it, really easy maintance. Protect quite well too, the only down side to it is that if you really want to show your car off, in like a show or something, it is slightly visible, but if you are just talking about a daily driver, I think it has worked quite well.

The best thing about it is how easy bugs come off, I bought it for almost that alone.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jrfish007 said:
The best thing about it is how easy bugs come off, I bought it for almost that alone.
That is one of the reasons I want to buy it as well. I already have a white car and it has so many dead bugs on the front of it from any high way driving.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just purchased an alabaster silver 2006 civic sedan three weeks ago. Yes, I've noticed the large front bumper area has been quite susceptible to rock hits. I've ordered some touch up paint from the dealer to cover one hit, that has penetrated to the black bumper. I've been reading alot of good things about the clear bra products, and am having one installed in about one week. I live the sf bay area and was able to find a recommended installer to install the clear bra, it will l take about 4 hours, and will cover the front bumper, about 1/4 of the hood, the headlights, and outside mirrors, the film will either be by 3M or Venture, depends on who can supply the pattern....He showed me samples of the different film on his on his audi and it looked very nice, not invisible, but not too noticeable. I'll post my impressions once I have it installed...Bill

·
Registered
313 Posts
I'm thinking about getting it when I get my Si. I'm wondering how it is to remove/replace because I would imagine they get pretty ragged looking after a few years.

I had the hood/bumper repainted on my Accord a year ago and it looks like crap already. :mad:

·
Registered
4 Posts
The installer who came to my house, said they our all custom made patterns. He said the business is divided into the manufacturers of the film..and the companies that supply the patterns for each make and model of automobile. He's checking with his supplier to see if they have the pattern for my 2006 honda , as of last week they haven't yet.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I saw this on the site...

Some angles the clear bra cannot be seen
So does that mean you'll be able to see it? Cause I think it's a great idea, but if it will be something that you'll see no problem, I'd be less likely to get it.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts