8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know who sells 3in MAF housings for the R18? Hondata claims that it is limiting power to only 210-220whp, which I already have with the tsi kit (2.5in). In the next month I'm going to be running E85 and definately do not want to be limited to 220whp.

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
here's an option. take the 2.5" maf housing and get a couple of 2-2.5" reducers and put the maf housing in the charge pipe post BOV, you can then run the BOV atmospheric and it won't make it rich for that 1-2 seconds. also if its post ic your IAT sensor will be more accurate. then just get a reducer, 3" 45 or 90 pipe with a 3" universal air filter of your choice. that should do the trick.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The charge piping is really small. I dont know if that would work out. I was tuned on atmospheric and it runs well. Is there anyone who sells 3in MAF housings? I kinda want to keep the current setup and just upgrade to a 3inch intake.

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
I have seen maf housings but the way honda orinetated your maf sensor they pretty much f'd you guys. I'm pretty sure you guys have 2" charge pipe. My recommendation should work great, and it won't mess up your tune either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts