8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i duno if this is the right place to post this but today i noticed a 3-4 inch dent on my passenger door. someone at school proablilty swung there door open to hard and dented my passenger door and left.

my question is there anyway i can get it out? or do i have to pay someone to get it out? how much will it cost

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
You will want to post a pic if possible. Hard to say if it will even come out without seeing it.

From your description if the dent isn't too severe, on the edge, or on a curve. It could cost you anywhere from $40 to $100.

·
Registered
88 Posts
u can always try using a CLEAN plunger.. or go to like advacned or carquest or someone like that and look for one of the suction cup pullers as long as the dent ISN'T CREASED u will be able to pull it out it will jsut take a little bit of work

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
i say find a paintless dent removal (pdr) guy, unless you know what your doing you may do more harm than good, they charge usually $75+ depending on the spot and how hard it is to get to.

·
Registered
503 Posts
What you can try to do it:

Heat up the surface for 1-2 minutes in the area of the dent. Once you do that, take a car of compressed air and flip it upside down- you will see a cold clear/white liquid. Do that for 5-10 seconds max. The rapid change in temperature will pop the den back if your lucky. (Either way its worth a shot)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ill try to post a pic if i can find a camera. the dent is like right under the curve on the passenger side.

the dent i dont think is creased in its like a perfect circle kinda.

i bought that dent removal kit, the ones on tv for 20 bucks today and it did nothing lol. ill give the compressed air a shot and let u know how that goes but i think that only works on big dents.

i also stuck a flat head screw driver inbetween the glass and door and tried to push it out. after an hour with no results i gave up on it lol.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol I gave up I called someone to do a paintless dent removal. I would highly recommend it to anyone. It looks exactly like the dent was never there. Totally worth the 120. Ode is the way to go

1 - 7 of 7 Posts