8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Do you have and Si and Consume Oil? @ What Milage?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
11,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I did an oil change on my car thursday night at work and was surprised to see that I was a Quart low before oil change...I use Mobil 1 5w-30 and have been using it since the 1st oil change anyone else on here consume oil between changes...i do mine every time at 15% oil life....so roughly 5k miles it burns a Quart....

I ran the original oil in car till the 1st oil change was do then switched to mobil 1 Synthetic 5w-30. I do stop and go driving don't really Vtec alot. No room on the road I drive to work to really get on it. I warm my car up when its cold below 35 degrees F. To prove i don't beat on car I still have original tires and have 36k on them I switched to Snow tires in December.

Anyone else with a Civic Si have this problem?

I am going to put a poll on this as well...

·
Registered
11,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bump plese coment on how many miles you have on your car after you vote in pole....

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
I have an 08 SI with 18,500 miles. If i drive easy i never burn oil, if i race my car for extended periods of time, then i will burn about 1/4 of a quart every 1k miles. Im currently running M1 EP 5w-30

·
Registered
11,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just noticed the problem when i had about 20k on the car it had no issues now its burning oil....I don't get it.....

·
Registered
319 Posts
Mine consistently burns a quart or so between 4500 mile oil changes and has done so since brand new. And I've been driving it like I rented it for 55,000 miles. :vtec:

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
If you consistently VTEC at high revs oil gets burned or pushed into the intake manifold so, it does happen.

·
Registered
11,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The only thing I can think of is that I don't sometimes warm her up I just jump in and go.......

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Off course your going to burn oil, your revving the pants off your car to 8 or 9 K RPM, any engine will consume oil at that rate. Your asking too much from it.

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
Voted Runing Synthetic and not burning oil. -- although my car has only had three oil changes and the first two were dino and the most recent one was Mobil 1 synth so we'll see. :pray:

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
i do burn some oil but its expected with the way i drive. I don't vtec a lot, but i do downshift before most corners. But the consumption isn't anything out of the ordinary.

·
Registered
11,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Off course your going to burn oil, your revving the pants off your car to 8 or 9 K RPM, any engine will consume oil at that rate. Your asking too much from it.
you obviously didnt read my whole thread....I don't Vtec alot at all....

1 - 20 of 54 Posts