8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
I would take the Z out of the three personally, but I have to give credit to the Mustang V6 though, 31 mpg one the highway for a car with that kind of power is pretty impressive.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
That Mustang just looks to be great value when you look at the MRSP of those three here in Canada. In the States I appreciate they are closer together, but up here if I had to pick a 2011MY sub-$35k car, I'm not sure there's anything that matches the practical and fun as well as the 'Stang.

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
The comparo doesn't seem to take into account price.

The 370Z would be about 32k with the sports package, which puts it in Mustang GT territory. And the GT's V8 would clobber the 370Z in acceleration.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
The 370Z looks much better in person. I sat in one and didn't like the feeling of sitting inside a bowl, but still it's a great car.

Ford will be the real winner here as far as sales go; the V6 with the performance pack nearly equaled the performance of the other two while being much less expensive. Not too many people will notice the performance difference on the street. Still, I'd rather have a V8.

·
Premium Member
11,200 Posts
This review is funny...

The truth is you can get a 5.0 Mustang that will destroy all the cars in that review cheaper than the 370z. The 370z is no MATCH for the mighty 5.0 mustang with track pack.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Indeed, nice how they leave price until the very end. GT + Brembos for $32k looks pretty good compared to the price of the Zed and Hyundai.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
the new mustang is the best bang for the buck as far as pure performance, it will be interesting to see what other automakers will respond with.

·
Premium Member
11,200 Posts
the new mustang is the best bang for the buck as far as pure performance, it will be interesting to see what other automakers will respond with.
The Camaro is right with it! Expect a new more potent powerplant and more agressive suspension in the future for the Camaro.
Perhaps other models.

The Muscle cars can now "corner" at which point do they become sports cars?

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
The Camaro is right with it! Expect a new more potent powerplant and more agressive suspension in the future for the Camaro.
Perhaps other models.

The Muscle cars can now "corner" at which point do they become sports cars?
Ha! That 'ol chestnut... some thread a month or so back turned into a what's a sports car thread, think it got rather silly, rather quickly.
But looking in isolation at the review of these three cars, apart from the "numb steering", there wouldn't be anything about the Mustang to make it less of one than the other two.
That said, the fact the reviewers whinged about the "small" tires on the coupe was disappointing. Bit sad to think even professional car reviewers think the answer to everything is meatier tyres.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts