8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if I am doing this :deadhorse: since there are so many tint threads. I want to help anyone who is looking for this specific tint or car color...

Got the car tinted today. 35% LLumar ATX all around with a strip at the top of the windshield, paid $310w/tax. Sorry car hasn't been washed in two weeks. I wouldn't want this any darker because of the po-po :eek:hnoes:

They did an excellent job. My three reasons for this were heat reduction since I park outside, glare reduction and looks. I drove around for almost 3 years with 20% all around and never got a ticket on my last car.

Overcast 6pm

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Looks classy instead of ghetto.

High quality film.

Good choice.
Thanks Dan. Seriously, I actually read your "how you can pick a good tint shop" thread a few days ago as part of research before getting the work done, as well as other helpful tint posts by you. :usa:

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
kinda looks weird with the tbl cutout
Legally, it's required to cut it out in all states because you can't put something over the brake light.

Some states it doesn't matter because I've never heard of anyone getting a ticket for it, but some states that have inspections people will fail the inspection if it's not cut out.

Not to mention it's just a PITA to get behind those things sometimes. Even with the right tools.

·
Registered
6 Posts
looks good, thinking of getting my black coupe 35% all around aswell,, Hows the visibitliy at night? the guys at the shop recomended 20% for the 3 rear windows and 35% up front. But I dont want it super dark. I was also thinking going 35% rear and 50% up front any suggestions? I've heard 50% is just a waste,,

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Good ol arizona my car came factory with like 30. Although when i got pulled over the little machine said 27 quarter windows and back window is darker tho

1 - 17 of 17 Posts