8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SuperBrightLeds.com offers 9 LEDs festoon for $2.95 each

Autoillumination.com sells 4 LEDs festoon for $5.

Is there any noticeable difference in quality based on the prices or not?

I bought festoon bulbs for my old car from SuperBrightLeds in the past, and aside from the usual loose contacts problem, the bulb served me right. Why Autoillumination sells their less-LEDs-featuring festoon bulbs for almost twice as much?

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
All LEDs are not created equal. One of my 6 SMT led bulbs is brighter than another 15 led I have.

So don't just go by numbers when comparing. But I haven't used either of those, I got mine from v-leds so can't help you specifically :(

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
All I can say is SuperGarbageLeds.com needs to be demolished. I had the bulb problem, fixed the connection, then the light still wouldn't work. They do not respond to emails, and claim that they are "too busy"...Hmm I wonder why!? And all the time and frustration for a lousy four-dollar piece of crap. Not worth it. I would not purchase any aftermarket LED whose housing/design resembles anything like superbright's, including Veds' and autoillumination's versions. Just go stock until the monkeys at these companies actually design something that works. I will have none of it!

·
Registered
244 Posts
I ordered my 9 bulb led's from V-leds like Van. They worked great. The 9's aren't any brighter than the stock bulbs, but they do have that pure white color compared to stock.

Remember that the 3022 festoon bulbs are polarized so they only go in the socket one way.

So if they don't work the first time, turn the bulb around 180 degrees and try it.

If they still don't work..... then they really are junk.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I just ordered a set of the 9 led festoons from superbrightleds as well as a set of the 4 led festoons from them. I dont know about the 4 led festoons from that other company, but the 4 led festoons from superbrightleds are crap. I am happy however with the 9 led ones pictured at the top of the page.

Do those 16 led festoons fit in our map lights? Those are crazy!

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I need to order some new ones. I have had mine for awhile now and 2 LED bulbs are done. But I ordered mine from Hong Kong off of ebay. They were bright as crap for about 6 months. Then the started flickerin and then crapped out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.