8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys wassup ! I was looking to see what other bolt ons I can get my hands on to reach close to 300whp, currently my setup is Skunk 2 Alpha headers, hybrid intake along with a vibrant full exhaust no cat tuned with hondata making 218 to the wheels, any suggestions ?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Nitrous or a turbo. Laughing gas is probably the easiest but adding 80 or so horses is possible.

Personally I’d think turbo. To do it correctly you need to consider a high volume fuel pump and a good turbo. Avoid those cheap eBay turbos. Burned up two of them in no time. Finally went with a real manufacturer and was awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Supercharger or turbo. Just be sure to use good quality parts and take your time on the build don't rush and or try to cut any corners when putting it all together

·
Registered
462 Posts
If you are looking to reach that goal without forced induction you'll want to look into building a K24 bottom end. It is possible to hit 300hp but it would surprise me if if you end up spending more than a turbo kit or supercharger is worth. Honestly it's hard to beat the Kraftwerks set up for the money.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Most expensive:

N/A or all motor, on E85 with a K24 bottom end is possible.

K-Mod and 4 Piston Racing, from 2.6 liter stroker kits, complete engines, are built with forged internals and ARP bolts...and your choice of parts, or they will reccomend parts, since racing engines, head porting, cams, etc.

They know what cams will go with which pistons/rods for critical measurements. They have mucho knowledge.

Honda's have open deck blocks...and aluminium. Combine that with a high redline, and even N/A engine cars will lead to a forged rod poking its head out of the block due to piston travel.

Ductile Iron sleeves...expensive, but worth it.

CTE Roots Superchargers sound great, (whine) and can be upgraded many ways, internally, and externally, like liquid/air aftercoolers, pulley size, and give immediate response.

Rotrex Supercharger system's make great power, and are very quiet, and capable of 300 to 500 whp.

Supercharged Honda's win a lot on short winding curvy race tracks, like Streets of Willow. Same as larger all motor K20/K24 builds.

Turbo system...nothing will make more power, but stock internals must be addressed over 300whp...especially if you run it hard.

So, depending on what you want from your car, there are many choices.

Driveshaft Shop Axles are important, as is a good clutch, LSD, and perhaps Gearspeed tranny upgrades, for reliability and safety.

You can build it right as suggested, or roll the dice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts