8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
- Eaton M62 supercharged @ 11.6 psi @ 8k rpm (300 whp)
- Custom proper cold air intake (battery relocation)
- Meth / water injected
- Toda valve springs & retainers
- Racing Headers & full exhaust no cat
- Toda fly wheel / clutch
- custom steel 6-point cage
- KW Coiler overs with custom tops and bushes (plenty of caster and neg camber).
- Racing rubber & light weight wheels

Enjoy... :wheee:

YouTube - 300whp Supercharged Civic Type R FN2

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i hear good things about those kw coils !!! you had to custom fit them ??
They are OK, the only thing is that they don't come with top mounts - so I had to get some top mounts made up to my track specs.. however I have maxed them out with the amount of caster they can run - so now I'm going to try some different bushes and maybe some thinner springs with the same rates.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Yes it's great fun to drive!

Dislikes at the moment, the KW coil-overs in the front are maxed out with the amount of caster we can run as the springs are quite fat. So we need to order some thinner springs with the same spring rate to get another 2~3 degrees caster. Also rear neg camber is only around 1.5 degrees, it needs to be around neg 2.0~2.5 as the front is running neg 3.2.

Need a good engine dampener - way to much jolting around! But the tune is very linear.. which is awesome...

Could do with more power.... with the soon to be completed geometry I think the car will handle up to around 400~450 whp very well. Therefore I will be selling the CT mani/blower and running a Rotrex race supercharger setup.

- FN2 is the Euro/Aus Civic Type R 07 +. JDM Type R is the FD2.... In the states you guys get the 06 + SI...

---------------------------

Recently became a track car, but still registered for the road.

I rekon the car will handle well, it's very stable over 250 km/h with the current geometry, LSD and final drive. It will be somewhere between 400~450whp - where it will be peaking in regards to quick lap times and not to to be fighting the car to much... It's a matter of trail/error/testing the power/torque and getting it right for the chassis. My suspension guru will be now playing with the bushes, still plenty of work to be done with the suspension....

It's been done before, if you look at the Rotrex EP3 which is making 420whp, in the video the car seems very stable and turns in well: http://www.supercharger-experience.c...per_stage2.php
Don't want the OP repeating himself on 2 sites. lol

·
Registered
2,332 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
theres way to much vtec to be blown i don't get it... i'm only on 5psi and i can't hear vtec AT ALL. all i hear is blower. i hardly make out my exhaust at high revs. i dont hear his blower at all... i don't get it.
You can hear the blower from 2 blocks away when your outside the car... Inside the car your right you can't really hear it. It's all in the exhaust design.

The exhaust design is pretty tricked out :) We are running some extra long exhaust runners that travel almost 1/2 way down between the front and rear axels into a large collector. Which than feeds 2 x 2.5" pipes which go straight back through a muffler and out the rear end.. There is massive amounts of flow with minimal boost build up inside the motor.. The exhaust is nice and loud so when inside the car it overpowers the charger....

Attachments

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.