8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, I'm ordering a CT S/C for my Si. Since the car will go through this mechanical instalation, I want to take the opportunity to undertake 2 other things, but I do not know if they are 100% compatible with a S/C application, and that is:

1) NST lightweigth pulley set. Any of you with S/C is also running your car with these pullies?

2) Throtle body spacer. Again, any of you with S/C is running your car with throtle body spacer with after market SRI?

3) What about any experiences running a supercharged Si with NST pulley set and throtle body spacer?

Sorry guys, and girls, if theses topics has been discussed previoulsy, but I trie to search without success. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Dont know about the pulleys but i think ive seen a couple si's with a throttle body spacer. In for some numbers when its all said and done :thumb:

·
Premium Member
2,754 Posts
Today, I'm ordering a CT S/C for my Si. Since the car will go through this mechanical instalation, I want to take the opportunity to undertake 2 other things, but I do not know if they are 100% compatible with a S/C application, and that is:

1) NST lightweigth pulley set. Any of you with S/C is also running your car with these pullies?

2) Throtle body spacer. Again, any of you with S/C is running your car with throtle body spacer with after market SRI?

3) What about any experiences running a supercharged Si with NST pulley set and throtle body spacer?

Sorry guys, and girls, if theses topics has been discussed previoulsy, but I trie to search without success. Thanks for your help.
We have a supercharged FG2 and I can shed some light on this.

1. We don't have these installed on our car but as long as you get the stock size pulley it will not be an issue.

2. I have the TB spacer on mine but it really isn't going to add much when you are supercharged since the intake charge is heated up after the spacer and the blower is forcing air in anyways.

3. See above

4. If you need a S/C kit and any of these parts let me know. We have them all available to ship. (CT s/c kits shipping early next week).

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you for your reply. I think the order for teh S/C has been placed; however, I sent your contact info to my local dealer in case they have not placed the order. nonetheless, i'll keep you in mind for future purchases that i know i'll be doing.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
If stores has the Lease-to-own for products such as a Supercharger I would get my hands on one. But I doubt that it would ever happen. But that would be nice to be paying plus interests.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
i'd stick to stock pullies as there not going to help you with the blower. and the tbs sucks. i took mine off as it gave 0 gains with the supercharger and made my intake fit like crap. filter would hit the firewall and get damaged when the engine moved.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i'd stick to stock pullies as there not going to help you with the blower. and the tbs sucks. i took mine off as it gave 0 gains with the supercharger and made my intake fit like crap. filter would hit the firewall and get damaged when the engine moved.

Thanks a lot for your comments.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
np man. i'd hope you can benefit from me already being down that road. ;).
as for the pullies i recommend stock for reliability. not to mention if the aftermarket crank pulley was a diff size it would effect boost. not worth messin with IMO

·
Banned
1,022 Posts
The NST CR-Lite Crank Pulley is specifically designed for use with a Supercharged application. This pulley is the same size as the OEM crank pulley on the K20, but is roughly 70% lighter than the OEM one. The end result is better throttle response, better hp and tq delivery, and better fuel economy if you keep your driving habits the same.

More info, along with first-hand user reviews, thoughts, and comments can be found here...
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/bolt...hensive-thread-nst-nonstoptuning-pulleys.html

Good luck and have fun with all your projects!

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
with the amount of hp were running over stock i wouldnt use any pulley outside honda. no way is the nst pulley as reliable or long lasting as honda's pulley. but thats just me. to each there own.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Yea, i'm pretty sure you can't use the pulley SET because the size is different on the pullies which in turn changes boost levels....

But you can use what NonStopTuning posted above me as it is same size but just lighter...

·
Banned
1,022 Posts
Just FYI...

There are many TRD Supercharged Scion tC owners who have been using NST CR-Lite Crank Pulleys since 2005 on www. ScionLife .com who have never had any issues.

There are also a good number of TRD Supercharged Toyota Xrunner owners who have been using NST CR-Lite Crank Pulleys on www. XR-Underground .com with positive results.

Again, good luck and have fun with all your projects everyone.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
I'll probably get it before I can even afford my sc. It'll still provide gains but I won't be wasting money on the pulley set when i'll have to re-replace them when I do get sc.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts