8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I've searched this recently but the last thread with decent information was from 2014 and didn't quite go into detail. So hopefully my thread can help other people with this question.

I'm looking to purchase a 3.5" Hybrid Racing Cold Air Intake for my 2008 Si, but from what I understand it's not healthy for the car to run one without being tuned.
At the moment I'm only running a Skunk 2 exhaust, no Flashpro. I wanted to purchase and install the CAI but now that I'll be needing Flashpro I wanted to know if any of the base map tunes are safe enough to run with the CAI and exhaust installed, while I wait for a custom e-tune.
(For those curious, I'm planning on using e-tunez.com but since I'm unfamiliar with their turn around time I figured I'd ask here)

Several people have reported running the Hybrid Racing CAI without any kind of tune but their car will bog, has lost throttle response, or shake when idle. I've also read some people reported higher engine knocking. This car is my daily driver, so I'll average about 200 miles per week, but I figured a plug and play tune that comes from Flashpro is better than nothing while I wait!

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Link to Hybrid Racing Cold Air Intake
Link to e-tunez

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A bit of an update.
I decided to reach out to Hybrid Racing to see if they could provide any insight.
They let me know that a MAP race calibration basemap from Flashpro is sufficient to safely run the car with their 3.5" intake until I get a custom tune.

They also suggested I reach out to e-tunez for further questions.

Hopefully this helps anyone else out! I'm looking to purchase the intake and Flashpro soon. ?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I was looking at your post and I didn't know much about this so I didn't want to spread false info. This seems like good info considering its from them. Thanks Ill keep this is in mind its good to know.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was looking at your post and I didn't know much about this so I didn't want to spread false info. This seems like good info considering its from them. Thanks Ill keep this is in mind its good to know.
All good, I appreciate the response!
Glad this could help someone else looking into something similar. Hybrid Racing also sells Flashpro for our cars, so it kind of works out for anyone who doesn't have it yet.

Now lets just hope e-tuning is a breeze ?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yea you'll need flashpro to run any type of 3.5 inch intake.

Without it your car will not run at all, also you don't need a full custom tune just yet you can use one of the preset maps that already come with flashpro.

If I was you though I would first invest in getting flashpro as it can change a lot of the features with the car like getting rid of that rev hang.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts