8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering what you guys thought if this would be a warranty item. I know there is or was a thread about getting the 2nd gear recalled and making honda fix all our 2nd gears, but as far as I know nothing has happened with that.

Basically my 2nd gear is a piece of ****. It normally isn't to horrible just driving normal besides being kind of notchy. But if I am ever driving it hard it won't ever go into gear.

I thought maybe the problem would get better if I got an MTF change, so I got that done yesterday but I still have the same problem. The gears overall feel a little smoother but 2nd is still just as stubborn.

Has anyone taken their car to Honda and gotten a problem like this fix under warranty?

--Derek

·
Registered
86 Posts
I bought a used 08 si FA5 and month later after the third gear feeling notchy I asked them to fix it. They did with no problem even though my VIN # was in the range that stated that the factory already fixed it.

My Point: I found that once the third gear was fixed that I had no problem shifting into second on high revs

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Was wondering what you guys thought if this would be a warranty item. I know there is or was a thread about getting the 2nd gear recalled and making honda fix all our 2nd gears, but as far as I know nothing has happened with that.

Basically my 2nd gear is a piece of ****. It normally isn't to horrible just driving normal besides being kind of notchy. But if I am ever driving it hard it won't ever go into gear.

I thought maybe the problem would get better if I got an MTF change, so I got that done yesterday but I still have the same problem. The gears overall feel a little smoother but 2nd is still just as stubborn.

Has anyone taken their car to Honda and gotten a problem like this fix under warranty?

--Derek
nope, you'd be the very first one to ever get your tranny fixed under warranty in the history of honda.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I recently had my 3rd gear fixed per the TSB at my local honda dealer and complained of my 2nd gear notchy-ness, but they said that unless a tech can verify a serious problem with it there is nothing they are going to do. If you can ride with a tech from a dealership and get them to duplicate the issue (the tech needs to grind it, or be locked out of the gear themself), then they can request warranty coverage from Honda and get it fixed.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nope, you'd be the very first one to ever get your tranny fixed under warranty in the history of honda.

Well this would be the second time then, cuz I have already gotten 3rd gear fixed =D. Keep the stupid comments to your self.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Well this would be the second time then, cuz I have already gotten 3rd gear fixed =D. Keep the stupid comments to your self.
keep the stupid questions to yourself. if you have a warranty on the car, why would it cover 3rd gear but not 2nd?

·
Registered
9,595 Posts
then why ask the question,,, take it in have them duplicate the problem and voila problem solved....

or learn how to shift

3rd and second gear :eek:mg:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
then why ask the question,,, take it in have them duplicate the problem and voila problem solved....

or learn how to shift

3rd and second gear :eek:mg:
Hahaha then why is there a HUGE thread all about TRYING to get 2nd gear fixed?

There have been people where Honda has denied responsibility of fixing 2nd gear.

·
Registered
9,595 Posts

There have been people where Honda has denied responsibility of fixing 2nd gear.
yea i know man.. just bustin ur bawls,,, honestly i have 0 issues with second but my buddy has his si and his 2nd is jacked up he cant shift hard into 2nd at all

·
Registered
1,291 Posts

so what exactly do you want us to tell you? i'm not really seeing the question here. if your car has a warranty, talk to the dealer about problems you're having with the car.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea i know man.. just bustin ur bawls,,, honestly i have 0 issues with second but my buddy has his si and his 2nd is jacked up he cant shift hard into 2nd at all
Yea it is really frustrating. I wanna launch hard =(. Oh well hope they can help me out =).

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so what exactly do you want us to tell you? i'm not really seeing the question here. if your car has a warranty, talk to the dealer about problems you're having with the car.
Seeking advice on what to tell them about it or if I could say that others have had this problem and got it taken care of ect. ect. Honestly any real help is appreciated, but if you do not have anything constructive to say, then why say it at all?

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
So dude, just take it to your local honda dealer and take a drive with a tech. Get them to duplicate the condition and go from there.

·
Registered
64 Posts
yea had the same prob took it to the dealer and they try to tell me my clutch was bad (BULL) found the 2nd gear fix adjust whatever tried it and havent once grinding 2nd gear its been a month in ahalf since i did it still no problems

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Honda only put out the TSB on the 3rd gear after a TV station in California did a news segement on it. Otherwise, they would have been perfectly content to leave it be to save a few bucks on a known issue.

Also, a TSB is cheaper then a recall, still saves them money.

·
Registered
851 Posts
if I had the problem I'd search

can't tell how old your car is

how many miles?

tons of info is here on the 8th

but you'll need to look for yourself

1 - 17 of 17 Posts