8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
my second gear is notchy too('08 si), even notchy that i sometimes grind it shifting normally.. i'm at 10k km's, but i work at a honda dealership, i'll have to get test driven again, it's been test driven by a tech before with an Si

·
Registered
548 Posts
I'm pretty sure the problems with 2nd gear are pretty well acknowledged on these boards although less so than 3rd gear (which got a recall as well). My 2nd gear is usually more problematic than 3rd gear and definitely slightly grinds even when I know I'm completely on the clutch.

I drive an '06 si with about 15,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
834 Posts
i have an 08 with like 23k miles on it bro and 2nd gear has felt notchy and just plain sucked since day 1. It only gets worst from here. I have a short shifter and nothing. I'm waiting for warranty to expire to change out the MTF.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Would there be any reason that an over rev would void any warranty issues for this particular problem? I was having trouble with the gear, before my accident.

BTW - the notchyness is a lot better if I just take it easy, until the transmission warms up. It's getting colder outside. Would it be worth taking it to the dealer? I only have 1000 miles on my car. I really doubt they are going to do anything.
i would just take it too the dealer and complain.. make a statement and say you want it fixed our you're not leaving, etc...

edit: for me it's easier cuz i work at a honda dealership... and they can't really BS me..

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
hey gordon,
Since youy work at the dealer, if I swap my current 08 FA5 oem mtf for soem amsoil, will it void my warranty? I heard it shouldnt. but could the dealer use it as an excuse if i need my tranny serviced in the future. I the 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.