8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I may be making a complete fool out of myself and asking a really dumb question so here goes nothing.
I have to take my car in next Tuesday to Honda to get my 2nd gear looked at because it has been grinding like crazy and I am getting a little sick of it.
Anyways, I have an AEM CAI in her now. Should I put back the stock intake before taking it in?
Sorry if this is a really dumb question or if it has already been asked.
Oh and if it is under the wrong topic.
Thanks in advance! :vtec:

·
Premium Member
98,627 Posts
i would put the stock intake back in. dealers find any little thing to blame. just to be safe and not get blamed for it. it has happened as to where they blamed the intake.they think that, because you have aftermarket parts on your car, you drive hard and race.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Intake has abosolutley nothing to do with gears grinding. Trans, maybe. Clutch, maybe. Operator malfunction, maybe (j/k). Leave it in. The swap will be a waste of time. It will not void anything unless they can show how having an intake caused your gears to grind.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.