8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
civic780 said:
im off at 5 haha and another team invision member bought a civic ;) uhhhohhh :D lol
:thumb: Are they coming out? How about yourself, Sherman? What about Eric? :vtec:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
yah that works! So a story for you guys and I'm pretty pissed though...

So Yesterday I came back from a weekend at the lake.. it's about a 550 km trip there and back. and I had just dropped my gf off at her place. I told her that I was pretty much empty and I was going to fill up on the way home.

So I left her place and I was going towards the husky station (for those in edmonton 153 Ave) and I pretty much ran out of gas because I heard the engine bucking and sputtering a bit so I just dropped into 3rd and got some speed so I could just coast into the gas station. The thing was, it was about 3 blocks away and I had to be at least 80 to get to the gas station.

As I hit 90 the engine died and I put it in to neutral and right there a cop, going the OPPOSITE DIRECTION turns on his lights and points at me. I pulled over. He came over and was like your going 30 over the limit. I told him why and he just looks at me. Walked back to his car. Wrote me a ticket and said "Everyone gets tickets". So at that point I told him that I didnt have any gas and he just looked at me and walked away.

He didn't even ask if I needed help. He drove off. I tried to start my car... Got it going for about 20 m and then it died again. So I ended up pushing my car to the station. Talk about being an a**hole. I even told him I'm going to have to push my car to the station and he just looked at me and then drove off.

I know I was over the limit but with due reason, what do you guys think? I plan to take it to court and get it at least reduced.

PS. new mileage record for me 551km on 1 tank of 92 octane gas.

Oh yah SiRR I work until 6 :( so I probably would be there by like 7

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That sucks getting a ticket. Think it depends on the cop and what he feels like doing, warning would have been nice. I say, fight it, and bring it into the JP and get a reduction of some sort. I do that with my occasional photo radar tickets :). Last one was $180 bucks, spent 15 min. waiting at the law courts, got it knock down to $90!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nuciv said:
hey Ricky those fog lights were about 100 bucks all in. whats new with you these days?
nuciv said:
hey Ricky those fog lights were about 100 bucks all in. whats new with you these days?
Really, $100USD or CDN? So far I can find some for $52 USD, but the freaking shipping is almost $60 USD...$112 + duties and taxes...damn..might have to keep searching around. I did get my JDM "H" badging in, so I'll be putting them on tonight. :thumb:

Nothing much new - holidays in 2.5 weeks, so looking forward to some time off! Slowly moving into my place, just finished painting a couple rooms, now time to get some furniture :p

·
Registered
190 Posts
SiRR said:
Really, $100USD or CDN? So far I can find some for $52 USD, but the freaking shipping is almost $60 USD...$112 + duties and taxes...damn..might have to keep searching around. I did get my JDM "H" badging in, so I'll be putting them on tonight. :thumb:

Nothing much new - holidays in 2.5 weeks, so looking forward to some time off! Slowly moving into my place, just finished painting a couple rooms, now time to get some furniture :p
ya 100 bucks U.S man, its almost same price. what colour is the badge, red? i bought some stuff off ebay on the weekend if it comes in time you'lll see me rolling with some new stuff lol:eek:hsnap:

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lionelp said:
So anyone else coming?
Maybe, just maybe civic780 might show up... :thumb: Looks like he has a bit of stuff to his civic, kinda looking forward to seeing what was done...

From the looks of it, the same group from the first meet! I'll see if my cousin wants to come, but he drives and RSX :p ...

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
SiRR said:
Maybe, just maybe civic780 might show up... :thumb: Looks like he has a bit of stuff to his civic, kinda looking forward to seeing what was done...

From the looks of it, the same group from the first meet! I'll see if my cousin wants to come, but he drives and RSX :p ...

Well same from last +1 (me) :D

1 - 20 of 54 Posts