8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Jardiniboy said:
I rather get a standalone.

But the Greddy would be good.
Oh yeah me too, IMHO piggybacks are a bandaid tuning solution, but Mitch up there was wanting a piggyback solution not knowing that they already exist...

Fully programable/standalone tuning FTW :biggrin:

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
Looks like I'm going to start spending a little time over @ k20a pretty soon. I keep seeing everyone going f/i and all that jazz, I started thinking about how cool it would be to just have an all motor k-swapped ek/em2 and this just solidifies my thinking. Awesome.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
firmhonda said:
Looks like I'm going to start spending a little time over @ k20a pretty soon. I keep seeing everyone going f/i and all that jazz, I started thinking about how cool it would be to just have an all motor k-swapped ek/em2 and this just solidifies my thinking. Awesome.

I am right there with you, I plan on buying either a ef or eg hatch some day soon to begin my k swap. I want to do 11's na, and from what I have seen thats not to hard. I will need about 280 whp

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
King Bob said:
I am right there with you, I plan on buying either a ef or eg hatch some day soon to begin my k swap. I want to do 11's na, and from what I have seen thats not to hard. I will need about 280 whp
Man, I was in love with eg's and ek's for a good amount of time, and I still love ek's so much it's retarded... but I would really rather have a nice em2 any day of the week. A dx/vp em2 weighs in at 2550 stock. Shed some weight off of that and throw your 280whp (along with a new tranny) and you've got a pretty damn quick car. Not to mention 04-05 em2's look clean and agressive as hell when they're dropped with a lip kit and some nice rims. I would just swap my em2 if I wanted to abandon the warranty. I've thought about buying the full a2 swap and just throwing money into it until my warranty runs out, then swapping it. But all of those ideas would start with having a damn job. :banghead:

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
when I do, do this its going to be ulgy I already have a name in my head for it the "POS Racer". It will have no interior, no a/c, no p/s, no stereo, no back seats, no dash board, no door panels, and absolutely no cup holder. This will not be a daily car, i t will be mean, agressive, uncomfortable, hot, smelly, at times painful, but very fast. I have a dream...........

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
^you just described the exact opposite of my em2.

*edited for my retarded spelling :pat:

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
firmhonda said:
^you just described the exact oppisite of my em2.

diffrent strokes, people will want to take a spin in my car but will want to take a ride in yours.

Let me break it down

Yours = :vtec: :vtec: :vtec: = :SHOCKED:

Mine = :vtec: :vtec: :vtec: :vtec: :vtec: = :face-puke

I want my car to inspire fear I want to hesitantly start it up, I want to drive it nervously. My quick nice looking built car will be this fg2 I have. The hatch will be the weekend warrior

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
^you have no idea how wrong you are. First, you did 3 vtec smilies, my em2 has no vtec at all. Just to clarify, I own an em2 right now, I'm not talking about my "dream" project car.

My current em2 is subtle, slow, smells nice, has a/c, has a stereo (with 2 12's in the trunk), has p/s, etc. etc. etc.. Exactly the opposite of the car you're describing.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
firmhonda said:
^you have no idea how wrong you are. First, you did 3 vtec smilies, my em2 has no vtec at all. Just to clarify, I own an em2 right now, I'm not talking about my "dream" project car.

My current em2 is subtle, slow, smells nice, has a/c, has a stereo (with 2 12's in the trunk), has p/s, etc. etc. etc.. Exactly the opposite of the car you're describing.

whoa, Just playing around dude. I thought you were saying that you wanted to swap a k into your em2 and have it be a nice car. I did not mean to offend you or dis your car. I was just saying that I wanted a dedicated k swaped race car with nothing nice about it. I know about em2's I had one it was much more comfortable than my fg .

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
Oh no man, I didn't take offense in the least bit. I was kind of meaning to crack a joke at myself while clarifying that I was talking about my stock em2, not the one I would like to build. Sorry for the misconception there.. :wavey:

Anyways, on with the thread.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts