8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah is this normal 250 miles for a full tank in a si , i'm just confused, i just wanna know if this is normal for city/highway my 2007 ex gets 340-360 miles a tank too much of a diff , thanks...

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
I do about 50/50 city highway and I rarely get under 300 miles per tank. I usually get closer to 330 per tank, and no I dont drive like a grandma. I love me some:vtec:

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I do about 50/50 city highway and I rarely get under 300 miles per tank. I usually get closer to 330 per tank, and no I dont drive like a grandma. I love me some:vtec:
:yeahthat:

My first question would be what kind of gas are you using? I used to use Arco/Costco gas (cheapie gas) then switched to Shell and now am getting about 30 miles more per tank.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
^^If you check out the thread linked above, I told a guy to switch to shell V power, which is what I use, and he immediately saw huge improvements. Shell FTW. Also, here in the south we have 93 octane as premium:thumb:

·
Registered
62 Posts
I don't know if I'm driving like an old man -yes, I'm a geezer- but if I don't get 350 a tank I'm upset. Last fill up was at 373.

Cheapo gas (or whatever Safeway uses), 91 octane is the best you can do here in Denver, and most of my commute is highway/toll road at 75-80 mph. And yes, I VTEC.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm over 300 miles all the time, usually closer to 350. I have hit 400 twice on an all-freeway run. That makes me smile:)

Looking at the mileage many people here get, mine looks great. Usually between 32 and 37mpg with my Si sedan. Mostly country miles, and being "nice" to the car 95% of the time probably helps.

-Andy

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
OP:

"Miles per tank" is an incredibly 'fluid' number. Better to know what your calculated MPG is. For example, many folks 'fill' and only get a little over 10 gallons with one or two bars left, while some fill as high as the high 12s at zero bars. Needless to say, that will make a large difference in MPG.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.