8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Ahhh, give it a little time. I average 30 with my Si in mixed driving. A co-worker gets nearly 40 with light city driving.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
wow that sucks..... my 06 si doesn't get that bad.....

average 34.6
AEM SRI
Cobb AP

and our 07 ex auto averages 38-42 depending oh how she drives it

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
So much has to do with how you drive.
The basics are
check tire pressure- make sure they are AT LEAST at 32psi, better if they are at 38
how quickly do you accelerate- quick starts can hurt mpg
coasting to a stop- when you see or know a red light stop sign is coming up let off the gas, the car has a feature that it will shut off fuel going to the cylinders if left in gear and foot off the gas

let us know how your next tank shapes up

·
Registered
30 Posts
Don't know what your doing wrong?
I've got an 09 EX 5 speed and I've only gotten less than 30 MPG once(my driving is mixed driving mostly highway).This is over 13000 miles.Use a calculator and divide your mileage by gallons used to get exact fuel mileage not a guesstimate.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have a 2010 ex auto, highest I ever got was 27 mpg. I accelerate hard, do not maintain same speed, and hit the gas pedal every time I see green. Just cannot get my self to drive like a grand ma. I tried but it's hard. I usually average about 23 mpg.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
^

Dude, that is absolutely terrible. The only time my mileage dips below 30 is when I'm doing a lot of hill driving in the city (this auto trans is quite bad on hills). Even then I get about 29.5. I normally average 36 mpg. I don't drive like a grandma either.

·
Registered
371 Posts
When i got my LX coupe it was getting like 25 mpg but everytime i filled it up it would go up a few mpg. once it hit break in period it leveled off. I get about 35 mpg mixed city and highway... and 40-42 with all highway driving. so no worries. it'll go up.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts