8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Was not sure where to ask, but I figured this was a decent place to start.

On the market for a new vehicle, place said bottom price was $23k (before tax, etc.) for a 2009 SI Sedan with Navi.

'NEW', has about 500 miles on it.

What you guys think?

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
i think its too expenisive, i had a dealership down to 19,800 about 6 months ago for a 2009 FA5 w/nav.

only problem is....new Si's are very hard to come by these days.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
unless you just must have a brand new one, I would find a used one. last year, I bought an 08 with 12k for 17 OTD. If you're dead set on a new one, then you may not find one for cheaper since Honda already announced that they were no longer producing SI's.

·
Registered
455 Posts
unless you just must have a brand new one, I would find a used one. last year, I bought an 08 with 12k for 17 OTD. If you're dead set on a new one, then you may not find one for cheaper since Honda already announced that they were no longer producing SI's.
I thought that was a rumor?

·
Registered
335 Posts
You guys serious?? they stopped producing Si's?? thought it was only a rumor and will resume production this June..

To the OP.. 23k is BS it's a later model with 500 miles in it.. check KBB just to make sure..

·
Registered
954 Posts
some technicalities .... if they're selling it new, then fine. But if its been titled before (i.e. somebody else owned it or deemed salvaged from a dealer's lot) then be careful. cars that were recovered from floods, etc are making their way around and some of these have super low miles. An '09 Si with 500 miles is a red flag imo.

·
Registered
9,595 Posts
some technicalities .... if they're selling it new, then fine. But if its been titled before (i.e. somebody else owned it or deemed salvaged from a dealer's lot) then be careful. cars that were recovered from floods, etc are making their way around and some of these have super low miles. An '09 Si with 500 miles is a red flag imo.
coulda been a dealer trade/... and by law the dealership must show a document showing the car was prev titled upon sale.... if thats the case it should be even cheaper

·
Registered
954 Posts
yea, that's where they have to be clear on the 'new' definition. was that how it was offered? if it really is new, then they're betting someone's going to buy it since new Si's are pretty much non-existent. makes me still wonder why someone didn't pick this one up before......

·
Registered
9,595 Posts
ok my 1st number was off invoice on a 2009 sedan navi w/o summer tires is $22,894.11...

so since its an 09 left over i would say 20/21 k +ttt would be ok so if they could do 22k to 22800k otd i would get it ...only if its brand new and warranty starts upon purchase not if it was titled before and there is 6 months of warranty negated...

·
Registered
846 Posts
I got my car for 22.5 OTD w/o navi for a 2009 FA5 in decemeber, considering this is navi, you'd add 2k more so my car would've been 24.5k OTD with navi i guess.

if you can get the car for 22-23k OTD than it'd be worth it for sure since it's a left over, but take a listen below:

be careful though. 500mi though may technically be new, it's not new.

when i told the dealership i was interested in a SI and wanted to test drive it, the guy gave me a brand new PMM SI w/Navi to drive, want to know how many miles on the ODO? 10mi...

i beat the **** out of it, i had no idea how to drive stick, and i drove it...

when i asked for my car, it had 3.4 mi. on it, and i took it. :dance:

so i can only imagine how many people must've test driven it like i did and now they are selling it to you as "new"

·
Registered
234 Posts
I bought my 2007 FA5 (no nav) si for $13,500 and it is as clean as a whistle. I added the nav for $1000 and am happier then I would have been if I bought one new.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
i paid 23k for my 09 without navi, but i couldn't really be mad since they gave me 15k for my 08 LX with 30,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
with 500miles they can still legally sell it as a new car if it has never had an owner.
yes but it is a leftover, meaning it's been on the lot over a year, which means he should be able to knock it down lower than 23k!! that's a rip if you ask me.

i got my fg2 w/o nav for 19 OTD... good deal imo. i don't think he should go above 21 for that car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts