8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put Falken Ziex ZE-512s on my 2007 Si - does anyone know of a website that will calculate how far off my speedo/odo are off?

I put tires on at 32k and I only have 33.8k on it now so I am sure it is not too far off.

Any help would be great thanks!

·
Registered
8,413 Posts
If you put a 235 on the stock wheels 17 x 7 you are asking for trouble on turns. Your side wall will be super soft and I wouldn't doubt if you seperate the tire from the rim.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tire shop (Discount Tire) said it would fit (but be widest I could fit) -no problems at all. I had a 4-wheel alignment done and the car feels better than new. The tires don't look too wide for the rim. Maybe I should drive it harder lol

·
Registered
8,413 Posts
That is the widest you can go, but discount tire doesn't know alot. 225 is usually the widest most go on a 7in rim. I am running 235/40/17 on a 17 x 8. Your tire size will mess up your speedo a bit. It is not really a 45 more like a 50 since the tire is wider.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah if you're looking you can tell there is more sidewall but not if you arent looking for it. I had to get tires I was running on cords on all 4 Michelins and they offered this size cheaper than 215/45/17s. I only put about 100 miles a week on the car - sometimes less. I put the tires on in like February I think and only 1.8k miles since lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I am going 1.74mph faster than the speedo says at 60mph -not too bad.

I got the wider size because I saved $160 OTD which is a lot for a poor college kid lol

·
Registered
526 Posts
No, it's not bad. I ran 235/45 for about 20,000 miles. It actually rode a little bit better due to the increased diameter. Fills up the fender gap better too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I originally planned on the 235's(45 17) when i got new tires last week but due to lack of supply i went with the 225's(45 17), and i'm glad i did. I'm still kind of mixed on how i like the 225's, theres a good bit more sidewall flex at higher speed that you can feel, but lower speed handling has def. improved. Btw, did you have to put spacers in to fit?

·
Registered
526 Posts
For reference, I'm running Acura TL-S wheels on my Si and I'm lowered on HFP suspension. This wheel is the same offset as the stock Si wheel but 1" wider. I had no rubbing at all with the 235/45 tire. I'm currently running 255/40 and I'm not rubbing but it took a little bit of work to make it happen.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did you have to roll your fenders to run them?
- I thought in Honda Tuning Mag i saw some guys running 265 35 17(?) on the front and 234 45 17 (?) rears to Auto Cross them

·
Registered
526 Posts
I slightly rolled the rears myself with a rubber mallet and a heat gun. On the front, on big bumps, I was rubbing one of the clips that hold the fender liner in place. I had to remove the clip and tuck the liner under the tab. No rubbing now. I think I could run a 265 up front but I couldn't do it with an 8" rim. I'm under the recommended range for a 255 by 1/2" now.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Hey man, so how are the 235/45/17 working for you? I have some 2009 tsx rims which are 17x7.5, and lowered on HFP suspension. Am I gonna have any probs with a size lime that?

You should post up some pics of your car with these size tires as well.

·
Registered
30 Posts
what do u guys think about running 235/40/18 on stock suspension.
im currently running stock everything. im getting a great deal on the new rims and tires? input anyone?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have put a set of 225/45/17 tires on my stock 07 Si rims and the fit is fine (got 50k out of the original 215/45/17 tires). However, since installing the new tires, I am experiencing light steering and a tendency for the car to wander at higher speeds and not tracking straight as it used to. I have tried having the wheels aligned twice and continue to experience the same. Installation of the new, taller tires almost seem to affect the wheel caster setting; skewing it several degrees negative. However, this car (like most front-wheel drive cars) does not have a caster adjustment.

For those of you who have actually installed 225/45/17s on your Si, have you experienced the same steering described above? If so, did you find an alignment solution that corrects the straight-tracking (light steering) sensation?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts