8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i came across a great deal on these tires from a friend, so i bought them. Mounted them up today and basically im rubbing on almost every single bump, and on some uneven roads ill rubs for a few seconds.

now heres the problem, im on nuespeed race springs, and can't adjust my drop. i 2" front and back, but im almost positive im only rubbing in the front.

Does anyone know any tips / tricks to get these bad boys to stop rubbing? Im only touching the clips that hold the wheel well onto the fender. Just wondering if anyone has tackled anything like this successfully, with out the end result being that i have to get ride of these tires.

thanks for your help

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Cut the tabs off. You can't roll the fenders in the front. Cut the outer part of the fender lining if necessary. Buy two pairs of front camber bolts and dial in -1.5 camber or more. When there's a will, there's a way. Plus, your setup isn't even that aggressive.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cut the tabs off. You can't roll the fenders in the front. Cut the outer part of the fender lining if necessary. Buy two pairs of front camber bolts and dial in -1.5 camber or more. When there's a will, there's a way. Plus, your setup isn't even that aggressive.

I was thinking as last resort going more negative on camber, but what am i looking at as far as tire wear at -1.5 degrees? (i dont know TOO much about alignment set ups) i want these tires to fit, but i dont want to destroy them either, since they are pretttttty expensive

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
-1.5 is more on the conservative side. Stock rear camber is at either -0.75 or -1 or somewhere near there. As long as you have 0/32 toe then you should be fine. You might want to take off the front wheels, stick your head under the fender liner, and see what you can trim off. The metal tabs can be cut off for sure. You can try rolling the fenders.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Last thing i want to do is try rolling my fenders over some stock honda wheels with a little bit bigger than needed tires. But shaving off the tabs might do the trick so i'll definitely look into it tomorrow. What did you use to trim them???

thanks for your help man

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sorry i didnt specify.

its definitely not the fenders, its just the lining, or atleast thats all that i've felt / know about. but i dont think 225s would rub fenders. a few people told me just to take the lining / wheel well out, but i dont know if thats safe or if it would look bad or be ghetto / tacky

·
Registered
820 Posts
I'm running 225 40 18 on nues. race on a 18x8+35 rim.....when i first put them on,the fronts were rubbing like a *****. After a few days of driving, the rubbing is barey noticable. I guess i rubbed the fenderliner enough to make a groove lol. I should also specify I'm running camber bolts up front.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.