8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went from stock steel wheels to 17” wheels today. The tire size is 215/45R17 and on the way home the back tire rubs when I hit dips in the road. I’m looking for any advice, I am new to this and would like to keep these wheels and tires on. I’m also not sure why they stick out a bit, I believe this is the stock tire size for the same year Si, although my car is not an Si. Please help

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well you can either shave or roll the fenders. Also camber would help clear them. Alot of us running aggressive setups either have a really stiff spring rate or stretched tires or both.

·
Registered
06FG2 736.72whp/[email protected] e85/ FA1-R18 Daily FTW
5,765 Posts
You're right that tire size is the stock wheel and tire size for a Si but my guess is the offset on the wheels is the root of the problem. Like stated before me you'll need to roll fenders and add some camber

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You're right that tire size is the stock wheel and tire size for a Si but my guess is the offset on the wheels is the root of the problem. Like stated before me you'll need to roll fenders and add some camber
How difficult is it to roll the fenders, and is it possible to do it and not have it look bad (broken paint, dented looking)?

·
Registered
06FG2 736.72whp/[email protected] e85/ FA1-R18 Daily FTW
5,765 Posts
How difficult is it to roll the fenders, and is it possible to do it and not have it look bad (broken paint, dented looking)?
You need to get yourself a fender roller or find someone who has one and also a heat gun. It can be done correctly just need patience and time. Broken paint and waves in tbe fenders are due to not heating the section enough before applying too much pressure on the fender roller.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts