8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to make my own post so I did not have to hi-jack someone else thread with my issues.

Looking for guidance as I am at odds whether I should hold onto my 09 FA5 with 208k miles. Poor girl is looking rough with paint spots, no front bumper, warped wing/back end, scratches and dings :facepalm:. The main saving grace is that the engine seems to be running smooth. Should I put money in and fix her up or let her go to a dealer or personal buyer?:( ughh I cant decide.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Personally, I say keep it. I don't imagine you will get much for it in its current condition.

Same time I am not sure it's worth putting money into it.

Post some pics and see it's condition

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think about the same thing, man. My 09 si is my baby, and just like yours the engine is in top shape, has never had issues, all original parts... and I had paint correction and ceramic coating done on the exterior a while back so the paint only looks a few years old tbh.

I think about selling to put down money for a newer car, but I feel like the mileage just by itself, even though i personally know the car is in amazing shape (as you can tell by looking at it and driving it) will make it so it could only fetch a few thousand bucks at that. Haven't checked KBB for 09 si with 230k but I'm sure it's not great.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Soon as the 9th gen came out, and it sucked, I was like ah well that's fine, I like my 8th gen anyway, so I won't be tempted now. Then the 10th gen came like oh this is gonna be my next car probably... Oh what's that, it looks like **** and still isn't really much faster? VTEC is gone?! So I'm waiting on 11th gen now, which if it doesn't bring a serious punch, I'm ditching Honda altogether I guess. This sucks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts