8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to make my own post so I did not have to hi-jack someone else thread with my issues.

Looking for guidance as I am at odds whether I should hold onto my 09 FA5 with 208k miles. Poor girl is looking rough with paint spots, no front bumper, warped wing/back end, scratches and dings :facepalm:. The main saving grace is that the engine seems to be running smooth. Should I put money in and fix her up or let her go to a dealer or personal buyer?:( ughh I cant decide.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Personally, I say keep it. I don't imagine you will get much for it in its current condition.

Same time I am not sure it's worth putting money into it.

Post some pics and see it's condition

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think about the same thing, man. My 09 si is my baby, and just like yours the engine is in top shape, has never had issues, all original parts... and I had paint correction and ceramic coating done on the exterior a while back so the paint only looks a few years old tbh.

I think about selling to put down money for a newer car, but I feel like the mileage just by itself, even though i personally know the car is in amazing shape (as you can tell by looking at it and driving it) will make it so it could only fetch a few thousand bucks at that. Haven't checked KBB for 09 si with 230k but I'm sure it's not great.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Soon as the 9th gen came out, and it sucked, I was like ah well that's fine, I like my 8th gen anyway, so I won't be tempted now. Then the 10th gen came like oh this is gonna be my next car probably... Oh what's that, it looks like **** and still isn't really much faster? VTEC is gone?! So I'm waiting on 11th gen now, which if it doesn't bring a serious punch, I'm ditching Honda altogether I guess. This sucks.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Actually with the new turbo Hondas having trouble with oil contamination from the direct fuel injection into the block you might want to hold on to your 8th gen even longer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts