8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

2015 Civic Type R to Make "at least" 280-HP

28K views 108 replies 68 participants last post by  smartkid55 
#1 ·

Honda has boasted that the upcoming Civic Type R will be the fastest front-wheel drive car around the Nurburgring and today the automaker released the first details on exactly how it intends to achieve that goal.

Speaking during a pres conference at the Frankfurt Motor Show, Honda Motor Europe president Manabu Nishimae commented that the new CTR will make “at least” 280-hp. How it will achieve that will be a result of an all-new turbocharged and direct injection 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine.

SEE ALSO: Frankfurt Motor Show Coverage

Cautioning that the production car is still two years away Nishimae indicated that the goal isn’t as unreachable as some have suggested. “We have recently spent a week at the Nurburgring, carrying out extensive testing and we are on target, he said, adding, “and have already set a time approaching the lap record.”
See more 2015 Civic Type R photos at AutoGuide.com

See less See more
#8 ·

#15 ·
I knew at some point honda would **** us in the asss with a turbocharged Si or Type R. Personally I would have loved to have seen a high reving 100hp+ per liter 2.4. It's understandable though. There's something about high reving naturally aspirated 4 cylinders that has me poping boners all day. Oh well, I'd love to see what else the car has to offer.

#24 ·
never say never. They said the 8th gen Si wouldn't be ''200hp'' but it is theoretically.

Im pretty sure they will bring something to the states to compete with the boosted cars wrx/evo/Mazdaspeed/Kia/Genisis ect ect.

But Honda would have to ax an Acura model bc Im sure they dont want a Honda car with more HP than a Acura car.. my .02

#31 ·
There's no way it's going to be 40k when you can get a fully loaded STi for that price.

If so, the markup is ridiculous and I'll take power to all four wheels for my 40k...

Either way, the US won't see this car. It's still going to be some time before the US sees a turbo charged Si. I'll probably make the jump back to Honda from Subaru, when that time comes.

#37 ·
Considering the STi doesn't have a faster time around Nurburgring than the new Type R, the performance of the Type R will eclipse that of the STi.

Power to all 4 wheels means more drivetrain loss too... And there's Subaru's crappy 4 cylinder engines. But hey, whatever floats your boat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.