8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

2014 Acura RSX Sedan Confirmed Based on Civic Platform

10K views 30 replies 23 participants last post by  aceasarsalad 
#1 ·
Rumors of a new compact luxury sedan by Acura have been confirmed with recent spy photos of a "sub-TSX" model.

According to reports this smaller luxury sedan is based on the 2012 Honda Civic platform, but it won't be identical to it, much like the Canadian market CSX sedan (previously sold as the EL). Instead the new model, which is rumored to wear the RSX badge, will grow slightly and be more of a true luxury model.

The addition of yet another front-drive sedan would make for three similar products in the Acura lineup, which could be one too many. As a result, look for the TSX model to be dropped when the new RSX arrives in two years time as a 2014 model year car.

More: 2014 Acura RSX Sedan Confirmed Based on Civic Platform on AutoGuide.com

See less See more
#7 ·
Hmm sounds good but why not make at least one rwd/awd only sedan and then have two fwd sedans ala TSX and TL. Both Acura and Honda need to seriously step it up as neither have an ace up there sleeve as even reliability is slightly lacking.

Side note, why not make an TL-S coupe...now that would be awesome.

#17 ·
I have read some interesting things , notably that honda , because of all the disappointment in 2013 with the Civic will come out with a big change in 2014 with the Civic Si. Styling , handling, exterior, interior, front grill, rear, will have a turbo, and a Type R. If this is all true, I can't wait!!

#22 ·
Another 4 door? I bet it'll also have a huge chrome grill and those octagon-shaped headlights, just like the ILX, TSX and TL. I don't really see where this will fit in their current line up, the ILX is MSRP'd at around 26k for a basic model before tax/whatever. We need variety, or at least a 2 door.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.