8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, YES I used the search feature, and the stickys.

I am looking for a SRI for the R18 Sedan, and I can't seem to find any threads that are not Si. I'd like some pictures and reviews, and options in general.

Any R18 owners have some SRIs that they love and why? Pictures would be awesome.

Had a K&N FIPK2 on my S2000.

I would love some pictures of the K&N for the R18, or any competition for K&N...

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
From the time I have spent reading responses of SRI's for the R18. The overall opinion is that the SRI is only for sound. If you were going to get an intake I would get a CAI. Just my honest opinion.

The sri's are K&N and takeda I believe and the ghetto fab one.
The CAI are Injen, AEM, Takeda. And somewhere in between is the Weapon R intake

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info :D

I'm actually most interested in MPG increase... I am happy with the stock right now, but i'd like to boost it a little bit...

I think a CAI would be dangerous as it rains a lot here, and I don't want hydrolock...

A CAI or SRI might actually make my MPG worse... but when I put the SRI on my S2000 my MPG went up by about 3MPG...

·
Registered
255 Posts
I got the K&N sri for my R18 and I love it. Sure it sounds great, but I did actually feel a slight difference in throttle response. It will only add around 5-6whp to your car, but I do think it is a good mod. No matter how you look at it, much less air restriction = GOOD!!!

As for getting better gas mileage this intake, I realy dont think it's going to happen. If it did increase, it's is to small of a difference for me to realy tell lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts