8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tittle pretty much says it. Since I know the TBS is super cheap and has good gains for a non SI I thought that paired with a good ol K&N filter might give a little pep to the car for a small price and without doing anything the dealership would frown upon if I ever had to take it in.

If it wont do much of anything then ill save my cash. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
TBS's show more improvement paired with an intake of some sort, so a Short ram Intake would sound more suitable. Not so much HP gain, but the car will be more responsive. And more often than not with Honda dealerships that I see, they usually don't mind servicing cars with minor mods.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I do like sri's. Is there one in particular u would recomend for the price? Also I've heard there may be isues fitting it with a tbs. Is that just for the si's or these models as well?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I wouldn't bother..it's an economy car just keep it that way. If you wanted to somethin fast you shouldve bought somethin else

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I never said I wanted somthing fast. I just want a little extra pep. I would have spent 22k on an SI and not an EX-L if I wanted to burn around the streets.

Ty fiji.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well no exaust because I like it quiet. I had the full i/h/e on my 03 coupe and am glad to be able to drive around without sounding like a bumble bee anymore. I would do intake and tbs but thats about it. Doesnt sound like it would do much tho so I guess ill hold off. TY

·
Registered
7,475 Posts
If you're looking for gains I'd say no, but for sound yes.
The newer SOHC's don't respond that well to mods.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts