8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i have the slight chance of getting a new si (lease) i wanted an si since they came out in 06 but unfortunately i had to settle for an Ex now i can get a new si but i have to wait till one shows up in the east coast. So i was doing some searching and i came across the speed3 is not as nice looking as the si and it is a mazda but for the same price ill have a turbo car and due to it being turbo is faster than a stock si.... so what do you guys think i have week to make up my mind help me out

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
your on a HONDA website that talks about 8th gens. most likely people are gunna say the Si. If you want the speed3 get 2008 and lower. the newer one front ends look like :biggrin:

·
Registered
432 Posts
In my opinion these and the GTI are the best cars out there. I have owned or test driven them all. The Speed 3 is definitely faster although in terms of reliability and gas mileage, lower cost to own, the SI will win. Turbo cars like fuel especially if you open it up a lot. (I have a WRX and it guzzles fuel compared to the SI, which I also owned). The SI is more forgiving, you can drive it hard and it still sips fuel. I have seen a few Speed 3's around in FL and boy they are real fast though. I would vote SI.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
SI.
i passed on ms3 b/c of reliability (especially with modding), and poor fuel econ
i passed on the GTI b/c of reliability as well.

if you are leasing, go with the GTI... long term, SI.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I was stuck between the si and ms3. I went with the Si becuase of the better fuel economy and I got 1.9% financing at the time, and also the ms3 was only at select dealers which where somewhat far away.

·
Banned
1,552 Posts
Ya, the V-DISItech motor is bad ass, tons of low end torque with a high redline.

Lol @ the OP for asking this question on a Honda forum. Go post the same over on msf.org :D

Edit: Ford does not own Mazda any more, get your facts straight. And my MS3 has more jdm parts in it than your Si, 95% to be exact.

·
Registered
954 Posts
May I mention that Mazda is made ands owned by FORD!!!! Need anymore be said....
not owned by Ford. Ford does have a very small stake in the company but they don't make the calls. They do share parts/platform.

For the OP, go drive them and see what fits you. They all have very different personalities. I was in the market late last year and both the GTi and MzSpd3 where on the list. My take:

• MzSpd3 - brute force. Suprisingly not a lot of space inside. This is not the car to get if you're not comfortable driving manuals.
  • GTi - refined but my feeling is that VW's taken the edge off. I've owned this brand for 20+ years and this car felt much easier to drive than past VWs. Interior and quality feel is probably the best in this class.
  • Si - best fit for me at this moment in time. very modifiable (and parts cost effective). 4-6 footers fit in the cabin comfortably....something you definatly can't do with the other 2 cars.

good luck.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
MS3 if you want brute power! MS3 is the new SRT-4 BTW :giggle: Every teeny has one along with their grandma.

Just looked at an MS3 and options are pretty much none..LOL

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
May I mention that Mazda is made ands owned by FORD!!!! Need anymore be said....
Wrong, Ford owns only about 13% (if that) of Mazda and does not build any of their cars.

Even if they did, what would be wrong with that?

So in summation, you've no idea what you're talking about.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
oh. and for the OP, what's the picture in your sig from?
Thats my ex lol and i knew it would be very one sided but im open to opinions im not a big fan of the gti or speed3 for that matter and i love my ex now couldn't imagine how much i would love an si but the wait on a new could take months soo thats why i was looking for more options

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Im just not a fan of wagons so i dont care how much power they give it, its still a wagon to me.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
With the Mazda, its turbo, its faster, and it's gonna take more gas. Also, it's gonna be more in repairs to fix and maintenance everything. I know this because I considered buying an MS3 before I bought my Si, and even the Mazda salesman notified me of this when I was comparing the two. In my opinion also, it's not as roomy as an Si. I find the Si more reliable per say anyway.

But like others have said; test drive both, see what tickles your fancy and your wallet.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts