8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I’m just trying to cover all my bases at this point and decide to ask for help on the forums. Background on the car is a 2008 FG2 Civic with recent motor swap from a 2010 FA5 motor was from wrecked car sat for a year in the shop. My question is are there any differences in the two motors the would cause it not to start? I noticed the crank pulley and crank sensor were different so I swapped them out. Fuel pump is on, plugs are good, grounds are good, it was in time when I opened the case to put on a lower chain guide (it can not slip time with it) but it will not fire. I couldn’t smell fuel when pulling the plugs so, it leads me to believe the injectors aren’t firing. My boss thinks it’s a wiring issue. I’m leaning more towards the immobilizer is acing up or it’s a sensor somewhere. The green key light would stay on for a solid second when I would turn the key on II position then would go away upon crank and start up. Now when the key is in the start II position the light quickly flashes but stays out. Leaving the ignition on past 15 second the check engine light will flash 5 times and go out. Haven’t hooked up to a scanner yet. I have a spare key I was going to try just to see if it makes a difference. Any input or knowledge on what the issue might be would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Not too helpful, but I feel like you're headed the right direction with the immobilizer. I'm assuming the ECU is the one that was originally with the chassis, not the engine, right?

Obviously check all your wiring, the crank sensor change would get me to give it a double or triple check, I would have expected them to be identical out of the gate. Any new info?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not too helpful, but I feel like you're headed the right direction with the immobilizer. I'm assuming the ECU is the one that was originally with the chassis, not the engine, right?

Obviously check all your wiring, the crank sensor change would get me to give it a double or triple check, I would have expected them to be identical out of the gate. Any new info?
Thank you! Some helpful advice once! Surprisingly enough it ended up being the injectors! I got it all put back together literally an hour ago after three days of wanting to pull my hair out over this thing. My mind was blown. I swapped out the entire fuel rail with injectors from the old motor to the new and, boom she started! I’m not sure what the issue was? None appeared to be clogged. Maybe something with the 08 ECU wouldn’t allow the 10 injectors to pulse? All were dry but rail was full of fuel. Runs great.

·
Registered
197 Posts
That's amazing!! You didn't change the harness or anything? I wonder if there was a resistance change or something, (seems unlikely, but whatevs) either way I'm glad it works!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts