8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys so I have a 2010 civic si, mods are skunk2 alpha header, tsudo exhaust and hybrid racing intake. I had the intake done at a shop and was going to get dynotuned right after the intake install. prior to intake being installed, running the header and exhaust caused me no issues, no bogging or sputtering.

since i got the intake and even after a "custom" tune with hondata flashpro, my car literally has no throttle response down low. Low RPM's sputter as if gas is being cut in and out. Im actually nervous and infuriated that i spent money for a tune and my car is running ridiculously bad. its to the point where i just want to take everything off header, intake and exhaust and just go back to stock. i do not know what i should do.

any suggestions?

thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I would first ask you if there was any time in between the time you had the tune and now where the car was running good or if just ran bad from the start. Also where did you get this "custom tune" was it done at a shop on a dyno, or did someone do the tune online in the form of an e-tune?

I would also check to make sure your spark plugs and coil packs are working correctly.
If the car continues to run poorly I would contact the person who tuned the car and let them know whats going on.

·
Registered
42 Posts
hey guys so I have a 2010 civic si, mods are skunk2 alpha header, tsudo exhaust and hybrid racing intake. I had the intake done at a shop and was going to get dynotuned right after the intake install. prior to intake being installed, running the header and exhaust caused me no issues, no bogging or sputtering.

since i got the intake and even after a "custom" tune with hondata flashpro, my car literally has no throttle response down low. Low RPM's sputter as if gas is being cut in and out. Im actually nervous and infuriated that i spent money for a tune and my car is running ridiculously bad. its to the point where i just want to take everything off header, intake and exhaust and just go back to stock. i do not know what i should do.

any suggestions?

thanks!
Haha I just noticed this was posted a few months ago. You probably have this figured out by now if not let us know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts