8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the car is sitting in park and then you shift into reverse or drive, there is a strange noise that comes from end and you can feel it in the pedal as well. just had dealership check it out and they said it was a characteristic of the vehicle.they drove another car on lot and it did the same thing when put into gear. it does not always do it but 90% of the time it does. its not real loud but you can hear and feel it.

anyone else? i'm not crazy cuz apparantly they did hear it and checked another car and they say it did same thing and thats "normal" cmon...really?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yes I have a 2010 ex and I hear the same noise. There was a thread about this, sorry can't find it now. But someone attributed this problem to the coolant level. Usually will happen when you start your car for the first time in the day. Also will happen when you back up in reverse from a drive way. Once your coolant level is where it should be, do a test and reverse your car and let me know if you hear anything or feel anything.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i have an 09 dx-g
when i put it into D from R it sounds like my front bumper touched the ground but im sure there was no contact

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Well, if it's in the morning, the transmission fluid is still cold. I would think it's normal for it to be a little rough.

If the car's warm, you should be able to hear a click when you're trying to get in gear (R, D, 2, 1).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts