8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Volkswagen was caught testing a prototype mule of the new Scirocco at the Nurburgring. The sad thing is that it may not make it to North America, but stay in Europe due to VW's position that it has too many niche vehicles here.

It would be a shame if it doesn't come here. I had a 1976 Scirocco that was modded with about every mod a car could have back then. It only weighed 1800 pounds and handled insanely. I also had a 1987 16v Scirocco that I owned for 18 years. It too, was a great car. The Scirocco would add some style to the otherwise shoeboxy shape of the Rabbit and GTi.

Here's the test mule:

Here's the Concept:

Reactions: 2fast4u2

·
Registered
494 Posts
Oh geez... I bought a left over 1979 Scirocco in January 1980 and drove that poor thing almost 100,000 miles in just two years. Damn I loved that car. I wonder if I can get my wife to let me have another one. ;)

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kenchan said:
looks like a lancer.
Ken, note the similarities in the grille area between the Nissan GT-R, Evo X and the Scirocco:

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Looks like a Ninja Turtle made a baby with a Volvo C30 and somehow had Lancer semen also in the mess....I LIKE IT! If the magic words, "Rear Wheel Drive" appear anywhere, I'll be sold.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I had a '78 Scirocco Sidewinder that I was given by my parents. My Dad bought it new for my Mom for her birthday. It was so sweet, I loved that car. Unfortunately I had to get rid of it because it just couldn't be trusted to make the trip from South Dakota to Alabama where I was going to college. I really wish that I still had it today.

-Clay

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bambamsd said:
I had a '78 Scirocco Sidewinder that I was given by my parents. My Dad bought it new for my Mom for her birthday. It was so sweet, I loved that car. Unfortunately I had to get rid of it because it just couldn't be trusted to make the trip from South Dakota to Alabama where I was going to college. I really wish that I still had it today.

-Clay
Sounds good Clay. I had a '76 Super Scirocco, the first of the fuel injected models. It was clean enough for the time to not need a catalytic converter. I hated the brown paint and went to John Kosmosky of House of Kolor. He painted the car a black, polyurethane enamel with gold leaf pinstripes. The car had a full body kit and looked really sharp.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Mine was white with black stripes running down the top edge of the doors. You can't call them pinstripes because they were much larger. More like two inch stripes. And at the bottom of the doors were decals that said Sidewinder and on the c-pillar there was a decal of a snake. It had a front spoiler.

-Clay

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Izzy said:
Looks like a Ninja Turtle made a baby with a Volvo C30 and somehow had Lancer semen also in the mess....I LIKE IT! If the magic words, "Rear Wheel Drive" appear anywhere, I'll be sold.

lols... :yeahthat:

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
i kno vw and audi are the same company, but this car looks more on the audi side.

anywayz, does this car look kinda long and more like a MINI minivan to anyone else but me?

·
Registered
41 Posts
although it's nice to revive the scirocco name, everyone knows that volkswagen stop making cars in 1996...VMS died with the Corrado and the OBD-I VR's.

-gabe

1 - 19 of 19 Posts