1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Please delete if repost)

From those really quick to post news guys at:

Autoblog.com said:
Here they are, the very first pics of the 2009 Toyota Corolla, albeit a SEMA-fied version. Take away the uggo wheels, rear deck spoiler and brazenly displayed front-mount intercooler that obviously leads to a turbocharged engine of some sort and you've got Toyota's ho-hum everyman Corolla. We're wondering what took the automaker so long to bring this new generation car to market considering it looks identical to the Aussie-spec Corolla.
See pics at the link:

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/10/31/sema-2007-2009-toyota-corolla-debuts/

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
looks like a mini camry. its better looking than teh current one, but im sure the engine will be lacking (assuming that intercooler will not be a part of the final design) and therefor take away any postives the styling could have made.

·
Registered
123 Posts
it is the same car!!!!!!!!!!!! wow the designers at toyota really are great. They changed the front the rest is vintage "borring" corolla!

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
Looks like crap still. Im glad i left toyota behind. designers must be SOOOO lazy latly with all companys. I wanna see the interior.

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
I've seen the interior, there are pictures all over online, just do a search.

The interior is actually rather nice compared to the current model, but the optional nav screen looks really, really cheap.

·
Banned
909 Posts
2009 Corolla!!

here are the pics!!. the XRS looks sooo sexy!!
http://www.autoblog.com/gallery/2008-toyota-corolla/467038/

specs:
1.8-litre four-cylinder engine
132 hp @ 6,000 rpm
128 lb.-ft. of torque @ 4,400 rpm
Five-speed manual and four-speed automatic transmissions

2.4-litre four-cylinder engine
158 hp @ 6,000 rpm
162 lb.-ft. of torque @ 4,000 rpm
Five-speed manual and five-speed automatic transmissions

·
Registered
374 Posts
bro can anyone really say that they drive a corolla....i dont care how much they try to improve it..bro and the end of the day its a corolla..." I drive a Corolla...but wait its the turbo version..its really cool"

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Hondasi15 said:
bro can anyone really say that they drive a corolla....i dont care how much they try to improve it..bro and the end of the day its a corolla..." I drive a Corolla...but wait its the turbo version..its really cool"
I bet they say the same about Civics. No matter how much you mod it, it's still a Civic. :[

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
This thread about the 2009 Corolla reminds me of a joke I once heard. It was called, "Say something nice".

There was a funeral and a priest was trying to eulogize the deceased. He asked those in attendance if someone would come forward and say something nice. No-one came forward.

The priest asked again if someone would come forward and say something nice about the dearly departed. Again, no-one came forward.

Finally, in desperation with the priest wiping sweat from his brow, repeated his request for someone to come forward and say something nice.

Finally, a woman stepped forward and said, "Well, his brother was worse".

I am afraid that the Corolla is the Rodney Dangerfield of automobiles: They just don't get any respect. The Corolla is a bread and butter daily driver that is purchased for its reliability and longevity. Unfortunately, Toyota has not seen fit to provide enthusiasts with a performance model like Honda has done with the Si.

While I wouldn't call the Corolla fetching or handsome, I would say that it is nice looking if somewhat blase. For many consumers, this is all they want in transportation: safe, reliable and appliance like.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts