8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello- First post here. Recently I had a chance to buy back the first car I rebuilt from a total loss as a kid. When driving the other day we noticed a loud pop/clunk after we would let off from acceleration or when engine braking in gear. Quickly swapped out the sway bar links. However the issue is there still there. The engine mount on the passenger side is fully depressed, and I plan on replacing this week. Has anyone hear of this issue causing these symptoms?

Thanks!

Stock car, no mods, new links, tires, and tune up.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Have someone stand outside of the car looking in the engine bay or having a listen for the general area the noise is coming from while you rev and let off, if you aren't on a flashpro then you might be able to get higher than 5k if you have it in first gear slightly crawling when you rev to get a full effect of high rpm noise. If it doesn't happen then it is not likely your engine mounts and more so maybe suspension or other issue related to when the car is in motion.

·
Registered
159 Posts
My car has a loud pop when going over bumps or going on a un-even surface ... I replace my lower ball join and outer tie rods both sides. Also, I ask a mechanic to check the Lower control arm bushings which was told to beokay. The noise is still there. At this point, I feel the issue is on the engine mounts. As I manage to hear the noise when I was cranking up the engine. I have a k20 btw.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Where is the clunk coming from? Some Si's had problems with the steering rack bushing bolts being loose which would cause a clunk/pop. On my EX Sedan I also have a clunk on the back and its my left shock causing the noise.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Where is the clunk coming from? Some Si's had problems with the steering rack bushing bolts being loose which would cause a clunk/pop. On my EX Sedan I also have a clunk on the back and its my left shock causing the noise.
Right, the mechanic that check my car told me that the rack was fine. I think I am going to check that myself .. Maybe I will try to replace the bushings as well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts