8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
ಠ_ಠ
29,928 Posts
Ok I got a call back from Honda and they said that they can't do anything cus my car was highly modify, this is ridiculous, I only have a intake!! And they also said that never had a report of this happening to any civic owner, and that only one who have this problem!!
Call the honda dealer back and tell them what they are doing is illegal!

Magnuson-Moss act
Look that up and know your rights, a warranty can not be voided just because of an aftermarket part. They have to prove that that part caused the engine mount failure.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yeah I'm going to try to talk to local news channels around here in Oklahoma, is sad how Honda used to be well known for being strong cars but I think hotwheels toy are build stronger than hondas this days, me in so many years working on cars and my dad being over 50 years old and also working on cars since he was kid, never seen a problem like this, I dont understand how do they make a bracket so fragile to hold a motor on a car, I think they were trying to save money By being cheap, and over price customers!!

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Wow...good luck to you all. I had to fight them a while back about my transmission issues. Long story short it got fixed. But I wasn't willing to budge. I am a ME myself and I wasn't letting them pull their crappy excuses on me. sub'd

·
Registered
35 Posts
It's funny how lots of people had problems we transmission, my dad had to replace the clutch at 50'000 miles, and Honda said they could do anything about it, and about the 3 gear, local honda dealer said that nobody ever had this problem or being a record of this issues

·
Registered
981 Posts
^ which dealership are you going to? I would fight with them about it, stand your ground and don't give up man. I'm in the middle of getting a dealership to replace my syncro's right now.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
ive done this to mine as well.. but it was with a p2r crv mount and boombas. so its a little different. i think its a design flaw with how long the bolt has to go through the timing cover before getting to the threads in the block.

mine did it when i was wheel hopping like a bawws thou, so i can see where they can get it from abuse. there should be no reason for it to break under normal operation.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well there is not reason for honda to be making a piece so fragile, I understand if the motor mount breaks but not for the bracket that holds it!! And the way my dad and I drive this car shouldnt be reason for this bracket to break or clutch going out so soon!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was just at the Honda dealership in hpt va and my right motor mount is going bad and my car is still under warranty and thy told me 489 for a new motor mount I understand your pain I'm probably going with aftermarket mounts since I have to replace one anyway

·
Registered
531 Posts
Call the honda dealer back and tell them what they are doing is illegal!

Magnuson-Moss act
Look that up and know your rights, a warranty can not be voided just because of an aftermarket part. They have to prove that that part caused the engine mount failure.
It likely wasn't one aftermarket part. I'd bet my next next paycheck the OP has more than "just" an intake. I think there' some embellishment going on here. I'd like to see pix of his engine, I'll betcha the members here could tell us what he's got going on under the hood.

OP is also stupid for putting up such a fight with one dealership. There is more than one dealership in this country. I'd go to multiple dealerships until you find one who is willing to work with you. When my 3rd gear kept slipping I called multiple dealerships and they told me they would "look at it" and charge me for it. I finally found one 100 miles from me that agreed to do all repairs under warranty at no charge.

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Anyone know how to fix this without warranty? On mine, the bracket is still in one piece but two of the bolts closer to the rear of the engine sheered off. It's hanging on by one bolt which I have to inspect daily.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts