8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i doubt many people have owned a 2008 si and now have a 2009, but has anybody noticed the 2009 shifter seems different in feel? i did wait 600 miles before going nuts with my 2008, and i waited 10 miles with my 2009, so that could be it, but i don't think so. i have mis-shifted multiple times now. like when in 5th, and downshifting to 2nd, i might end up in 4th. this never happened to me with the 2008. then again, i also had amsoil in the 2008 almost immediately (500 mile mark). just wondering if all si's are slightly different in shifting, or if it's the 2009, or maybe i need to let it break in? the throws seem slightly shorter too.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
This happened to me a couple times until I made myself get used to pushing all the way to the left *wall* before shifting into 1st or 2nd. (where the shifter couldn't go any farther) Once I started doing that I haven't had any issues with getting into the right gear I wanted or mis-shifting!

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I know the 09 has a different shift unit then the previous years. I driven a 08 stock si and the 09 is stiffer and more in tack.
do you mean intact? in tack, haha. but anyways, what do you mean more intact?

the clutch is WAY different in the 09's. after driving my friends 06 and 07 si's the clutch catches alot sooner than the 09 clutch...
we aren't talking about the clutch; the SHIFTER.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
anyone try to put a stock 09 si shifter and swap it into a 08 si? idk if there will be a difference?

my friend just bought a mugen qs and he has a 09 si, im thinking of taking his 09 shifter and put it into my 08.

·
Banned
3,392 Posts
I think the 09-10s have a shorter shift, because the short shifter adapters give a lower % of shortness for 09-10, but are the same part at the 06-08's.

For example 45% shorter shift for 06-08
35% for 09-10

And I'm not even sure about 10 because nobody has updated their sites to say they work with 2010's

·
Banned
3,392 Posts
I don't think it'll hurt, it's still a 6 speed transmission with the gears in all the same places, but that's something I found out when looking for short shifters. I just don't know if you're willing to swap out the parts for little to no improvement.:stickpoke:

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
nothing changed. its just alittle bit shorter in height. throws are stock same as 08s. ive driven both. 09s are pretty smooth thou. probably its still knew.

just keep in mind....09s dont have adaptors only full replacement of shafts from TWM which is like 20% throw cut.

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
I had an 08 for ~20,000 miles
I've had my 09 for ~10,000 miles

I DO notice a slight difference in shifting between the 2. I just chalked it up to the 09 being new and the 08 being more "broken in". When my 09 reaches the exact same mileage as my 08 (which now belongs to my parents), I'll go drive them back to back and see what I can tell.

·
Registered
175 Posts
nothing changed. its just alittle bit shorter in height. throws are stock same as 08s. ive driven both. 09s are pretty smooth thou. probably its still knew.

just keep in mind....09s dont have adaptors only full replacement of shafts from TWM which is like 20% throw cut.
They do have an adapter now but I forgot who makes it. I tried to put a skunk 2 adapter on my 09 because the box said 06 and up but it didn't work. The shaft that the adapter goes on is slightly longer on the 09's than the previous years.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.