8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased my 09 in Oct and have 5,000 miles on the car. The drivers floor mat was wearing all the way through to the rubber. This was in the area you rest your heel. Dealer did not want to replace and tried to tell me this was a normal wear item. After my loud protest they replaced the entire set under warranty. They said this was a one time exception. The mats appear to be very thin and low quality for a $27000 car. Any one else have this issue ?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Purchased my 09 in Oct and have 5,000 miles on the car. The drivers floor mat was wearing all the way through to the rubber. This was in the area you rest your heel. Dealer did not want to replace and tried to tell me this was a normal wear item. After my loud protest they replaced the entire set under warranty. They said this was a one time exception. The mats appear to be very thin and low quality for a $27000 car. Any one else have this issue ?
yea I had this problem with mine too, but I wasn't too worried I bought the all season rubber mats made for our civic's. They fit like a glove. And they cover the basic rug mats that come with our rides. So it's all good. I suggest if you haven't got them yet that you pick up a set. I believe they come in three colours so you have choice, plus I seen a few places (ebay, and some sponsors here) that sell aftermarket ones too.

·
Banned
171 Posts
When I purchased my car, the dealer threw in a set of the all seasons (at my request ), and they fit well in the car and have kept the actual carpet mat in good condition.

I advise you to do the same, not that you have new mats in your car, get the all weather mats at costco, walmart, etc. They sell a set for $20 and it is good. I have been using that set in my X5 since 05 to 08 and it has kept the carpet mats in mint condition.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I noticed the mats on my '08 were starting to show wear in the first few months. I cut some leftover foam carpet padding from a home installation and placed it under the mats. Not only is it cushier now, the wear has all but stopped.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.