8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to say that this is my first post on this forum. I just bought a Dyno Blue 2009 Honda Civic Si that is bone stock (what I was looking for) and was just doing some research on some aftermarket mods, and was wondering what would you guys do to your Si, or what would be the FIRST and BEST thing to do to increase horsepower and performance. So far I've really been seeing good stuff about the skunk 2 Alpha header, as well as the Fujita intake; so if you guys can give me some feedback that be great.

I've only had the car about 2 weeks, but every time I get in it I have the biggest grin on my face!

I love my Civic Si :vtec:

·
Registered
413 Posts
By reducng flywheel weight marginally (cutting the spin ring off the rear), about 2.5 lbs and reducing wheel weight about 8 lbs.+ per wheel/tire, catless header (stock rest of exhaust) and CAI, the car's acceleration feels 10 to 15% better than stock. Header likely gave it 15HP, CAI 1, that combined with lower rotationals masses ateach wheel and flywheel, has made the car a bit more responsive.

·
Registered
992 Posts
first learn how to drive the car, know its weakness and also its power.
i have a 2010 and the only mod i did was remove the resonator on the factory intake then did a coolant bypass, almost have the car for a year now and the big mod im saving up for is cte supercharger, but first come first i say save up for a hondata and go from there. without modding the ecu you wont know what power gains you gonna get

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Flashpro. You gotta pay up, but it wakes teh car up, especially mid revs where you find yourself often when daily driving.

Get that first, then when you add other things down the road you can make the most of em. The gains you get from installing a header or exhaust will be greater if you can actually tune for it.

I bought my flashpro and then I eventually bought a used supercharger a year later. If I hadn't bought the flashpro first then the total cost all up front for the supercharger and flashpro would have been wayyy too much for me to justify... already having it made that possible.

·
Registered
9 Posts
been thinking about what i was going to do for my first mod on my car too, i was gunna get an intake but all i see is flash pro, my friend also told me this, i hate the lagg so i will deff be getting hondata flash pro for my first mod thanks for the post helped me make up my mind finally

·
Registered
102 Posts
Full bolt ons are nice, but no "real power" is made with these unless you have some money burning a hole in your pocket. Forced induction / cams and a tune.

Flashpro IS nice, I can vouch for this. I ran a decent tune and went back to stock because of fuel issues, and dizamn I notice the difference! Nothing like no rev-hang and VTEC at 4k to make that dull drive to work in the morning a little better.

Ive learned that with these cars, you have to beat the crap out of them to get the power that is there, but they are nice DD's with some spunk to them and good mileage.

Not bashing Civics, just my $0.02

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ya, I've come to terms that's our cars aren't hemi powered beasts or v8s.so unless you're gonna drop in a turbo then just run i/h/e and hondata and be done with it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My very first mod was a K&N 69-1014TS. That was my first upgrade and very pleased! Makes that VTEC punch harder and louder! Without making it sound like a P.O.S. Could not be more pleased! Sounds like I'll have to save up for a hondata flashpro!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to say that this is my first post on this forum. I just bought a Dyno Blue 2009 Honda Civic Si that is bone stock (what I was looking for) and was just doing some research on some aftermarket mods, and was wondering what would you guys do to your Si, or what would be the FIRST and BEST thing to do to increase horsepower and performance. So far I've really been seeing good stuff about the skunk 2 Alpha header, as well as the Fujita intake; so if you guys can give me some feedback that be great.

I've only had the car about 2 weeks, but every time I get in it I have the biggest grin on my face!

I love my Civic Si :vtec:

Best things I can tell you off the bat. I have a 09 si galaxy grey.

• Magnus launch control device.
  • Fx350 clutch kit
  • Clutch master smf steel lightweight flywheel
  • HR CMC Upgrade
  • HR shifter cables & bushings
  • kraftwerks supercharger kit c-93 c38-92
C30-94

K060721 serp belt

-nst pulley kit

Ktuner v2

Harmonic balancer

For e85 I would recommend a walbro ethanol compatible fuel pump. The 400 lph e85 pump would be more than sufficient. You will need to do a rewire/relay with the walbro pump, the OEM wiring wont support the amperage draw.

Lookouts common issues.
-Eliminate clutch switch for aftermarket clutch.
*puts to much load on crankshaft on cold starts due to oil pressure not at optimal pressure. This will cause the threshold to fail.

-returnless style fuel system
Run a vacuum line from the regulator to the intake manifold. This will keep it 1 for 1. This will keep 1psi of intake pressure match with 1psi of fuel pressure.

Feed to fuel rail. The return leaving the fuel rail into the regulator. Than the line from the regulator back to the tank.

-Oil pump and balancer
02 to 04 rsx type s

-OEM rocker assembly
Prone to crack

-shift selector prone to cause misshifts speed factory makes one.
2nd gear is ****. Could replace with a stronger gear.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts